Tragedy!

aloha

Tragedy!

Post by aloha »

Tragedy! When I am not connecting the RF board, I write a bootloader for the main board. When I plug in the USB cable, I plug the USB motherboard off the PCB and can no longer use the USB port! I would like to ask: can I use the bootloader method to write firmware through the ICSP port? Just change the programmer to "Arduino" in avrdudess, and then deselect all checkboxes. Can I directly brush firmware instead of USB?
In addition, when the RF board is not connected, if the firmware is written, what will be displayed on the OLED after power on?
thank you
mm0gyx

Re: Tragedy!

Post by mm0gyx »

aloha wrote: 06 Feb 2022, 07:04 Tragedy! When I am not connecting the RF board, I write a bootloader for the main board. When I plug in the USB cable, I plug the USB motherboard off the PCB and can no longer use the USB port! I would like to ask: can I use the bootloader method to write firmware through the ICSP port? Just change the programmer to "Arduino" in avrdudess, and then deselect all checkboxes. Can I directly brush firmware instead of USB?
In addition, when the RF board is not connected, if the firmware is written, what will be displayed on the OLED after power on?
thank you
I don’t understand, you mean you have broke it off the pcb?
aloha

Post by aloha »

Yes, the USB female socket fell off the PCB board and tore off the copper foil pins at the micro USB position on the PCB. I've been thinking for a long time. If there is no alternative to writing firmware with software, I have to see if I can weld four wires and connect a USB female socket outside. :(
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Hello,

This is a tragedy in deed, as you will not have CAT or Emergency Power Supply without USB Socket...
However, I think it can be programmed with Firmware over ISP, if you check the "for ISP upload only" Box on this site:
https://dl2man.de/wp-content/uploads/20 ... /beta.html
Just try it, you have nothing to lose....

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
aloha

Post by aloha »

Thank you for DL2MAN. I tried it. The frequency is displayed on the OLED and the functions of each key are normal. Just wait for the arrival of the relay and install the RF board. I hope everything goes well. Thank you again!