Problem with truSDX Driver installation

boyet401

Problem with truSDX Driver installation

Post by boyet401 »

Hi,

I wanted to try using the (tr)uSDX for digital modes with just a single USB cable, so I downloaded Guido's driver and installed it. In the portion where the CH340 driver was supposed to be installed, I got the following message:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (15.73 KiB) Viewed 39854 times
I then moved on to completing the installation. When I try to run the truSDX_Driver, a window pops up to say "truSDX device not found." Checking the Device Manager, no CH340 port was installed.

I tried rebooting and re-installing several times, tried several USB cables both long and short, but to no avail.

Any ideas to fix the issue?

73 de Boyet 4F3BZ
Nehem11e

Re: Problem with truSDX Driver installation

Post by Nehem11e »

I am having the same problem. Out of curiosity does yours display its serial number on boot up? Mine does not which tells me that the boot loader wasn't installed properly from my supplier (newdiytech.com). (Edit: I have no other reason to believe that the boot loader is bad other than the serial number doesnt display on start up. I am very happy with the radio itself I am not knocking the supplier I got it from!!) However the supplier did get my call sign on the device. Which I would think means it wasn't/isn't a clone. I am going to try and reinstall the boot loader and see what that does for me

Edit some grammar and edit called out above
Last edited by Nehem11e on 13 Oct 2023, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

No please don't install the bootloader again!
Your device is working in normal mode like ssb/cw than there is no bootloader problem!
Installation of USB driver problem no more else, have a look at the windose USB drivers and
delete a few with a USB tool for this silly OS :D
Especially the ones related to serial port ....

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
Nehem11e

Post by Nehem11e »

I did not reinstall the bootloader.

I started the process, but halfway through the process. Well more than halfway through the process, I had all the wires connected to the Arduino Nano and the trusdx accept for the vcc line. I was debating whether or not to use the vcc from the arduino or just use the USB cable to power trusdx. I decided on the latter.

I went to go power up the trusdx using the usb cable and the computer made the sound when new hardware is connected. It had not done that on any previous plugins. So I stopped unplugged everything from the arduino, started up truSDX driver and got the following output:

(tr)uSDX driver OK! Available devices = [CABLE Input, CABLE Output, COM8]

This was much more promising than the previous message of:
truSDX device not found

Then followed the rest of the steps and settings for CAT control without aux cables and I am successfully working!

So I think one of the steps I took during the process of reloading the bootloader without actually doing the reload made something work. boyet40, maybe try following the steps here:
https://dl2man.de/3a-trusdx-bootloader/

WITHOUT actually uploading the sketch to the arduino or connecting any wires to the pins on the trusdx. My guess is that either during the install of Arduino Studio Software or AVRDudess a driver or library or something was downloaded/updated that made it so the computer would recognize the trusdx when plugged in.

dl6sez, thank you for the caution! My trusdx doesn't display its serial number when it is starting up I read/heard that that was a sign of an issue with the boot loader is that not the case?

Abe
KL7KN

Post by KL7KN »

boyet401 wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 12:34 Hi,

I wanted to try using the (tr)uSDX for digital modes with just a single USB cable, so I downloaded Guido's driver and installed it. In the portion where the CH340 driver was supposed to be installed, I got the following message:

Capture.JPG

I then moved on to completing the installation. When I try to run the truSDX_Driver, a window pops up to say "truSDX device not found." Checking the Device Manager, no CH340 port was installed.

I tried rebooting and re-installing several times, tried several USB cables both long and short, but to no avail.

Any ideas to fix the issue?

73 de Boyet 4F3BZ
Had the same problem.

Once I used a 'good' USB cable, the driver finished loading. The Device manager would then display an active COM port.

On the Device Manager screen, you should see a listed COM port.
If not, try another cable - one used to move data, not just to charge a USB device.

Once a good cable was used, my issue was resolved. I tried nearly a dozen, I have a large bag of 'spare' cables, so tried several until one worked.

Until the PC USB port can 'see' (ie communicate with) the device, you not have any success.

Good luck.

Good luck.