Canada Group Buy - Quote 1 - Elecrow - VA7RTL

VE3RRD

Re: Canada Group Buy - Quote 1 - Elecrow - VA7RTL

Post by VE3RRD »

As far as I know, Roy is not stopping it at 100. Elecrow doesn't require lots of 50 in an order. The more you order - the cheaper it gets!
Roy is in negotiation with them now to see what he can get for the best price. May even include the plastic case.
AL - VE3RRD
Last edited by VE3RRD on 09 Jan 2022, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
VA3HF

Post by VA3HF »

But there are diminishing savings waiting for the slowing higher quantities. Is there an end date then? Just getting anxious. Manuel eluded in the comments of his last youtube video that commercial availability of kits and assembled radios will soon be available in the "very near future" for worldwide purchases.....
VE9SY

Post by VE9SY »

Good day I am interested in the Canadian Buy.
NAME: Steven LeBlanc
CALL SIGN : VE9SY
CITY: Saint John NB. E2K 1Y7
QUANTITY: 1
EMAIL: ve9sy.steven@gmail.com
Thanks
va2qch

Post by va2qch »

Hello, I'd love to get in on this too.

NAME: Andrew Kasurak
CALL SIGN : VA2QCH
CITY: Aylmer, QC (could also pair up with anyone in the greater ottawa area for combined shipping?)
EMAIL: va2qch@gmail.com

Thank you
WE0H

Post by WE0H »

Does anyone know when this group buy is closing so we can make payment? I am in no hurry but just wondering ;)

tnx
Mike
WE0H ..
VA3HF

Post by VA3HF »

I wondered the same. It is now 2 months that the Canada Group Buy list started.
ve7hra

Post by ve7hra »

I was on the old site and i still want one

Rand Lutman VE7HRA
1 Kit
rblutman@yahoo.com
VE3RRD

Post by VE3RRD »

The Canada Group Buy is for those with a mailing address in Canada.
Last edited by VE3RRD on 03 Feb 2022, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
VA3HF

Post by VA3HF »

Can anyone say when this group will close and proceed to purchase? There has only been 3 new additions this week and the list has been open for over 2 months now. There is just no updates on what is happening or not happening. I just don't know and don't want to sound pushy. I'm just anxious to build this project from a complete kit. I can't be the only one who wants to know what's happening.
ve7hra

Post by ve7hra »

ve7hra wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 20:55 I was on the old site and i still want one

Rand Lutman VE7HRA
1 Kit
rblutman@yahoo.com
please delete this one as I see my name on the list already
Rand Lutman
VA7RTL

Post by VA7RTL »

Hi all

Update on the Group Buy - Jan 15, 2022

Getting quotes from companies has been a really time consuming process. After dealing with 6 companies only 1 was interested in providing a quote.

The last component that was giving me problems was the speaker as I was not able to order it from the German manufacturer nor distributor. I am seeing if the PCB manufacturer can get the directly from Alliexpress.

For the kit all SMDs and the jacks and toroids are mounted. Only thing for you to do is modify the OLED and install it, install the headers, and install the speaker.

I do not have the shipping costs from China to Canada yet. However I estimate the cost of the radio with all shipping charges and GST/PST/HST to be around $145 Cdn (subject to change).

The plan is buy 5 radios first and see what we get and if they work, then order another 100 or so.

I should have more information soon.

Take care 73
Roy
Faraaz VK4JJ

Post by Faraaz VK4JJ »

VA7RTL wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 23:54 The last component that was giving me problems was the speaker as I was not able to order it from the German manufacturer nor distributor. I am seeing if the PCB manufacturer can get the directly from Alliexpress.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003440432419.html

This item has been tested by Manuel and myself and has been given approval as an acceptable alternative to the Reichelt speaker.
VA3HF

Post by VA3HF »

Thanks for the update Roy and I appreciate your efforts.

It looks like the kit you are putting together for the Canada group buy is almost a completed radio. I'm more interested in building a kit from parts supplied than buying a radio that is almost fully assembled so please delete me from this group buy. I've joined the US group buy and paying extra for the shipping by USPS which isn't that much. If the border was open, I'd have it shipped to my US mailing address.

The US group buy is looking for more people and are welcoming Canadians if they don't mind paying a little more for shipping.
VE3RRD

Post by VE3RRD »

Note that the price Roy quoted also includes the enclosure for the (tr)uSDX, which is stated as being a resin-filled design rather than 3D printed.
Jason_ve3mal

Post by Jason_ve3mal »

Thanks, Roy. I appreciate all the international phone tag you have been dealing with. There's clearly good reason lots of group buys have trouble finding organizers! I'm happy to wait patiently. I'm also glad you have everything but a few discrete parts placed.
Brian Davies VE6CKC

Post by Brian Davies VE6CKC »

Name: Brian Davies
Callsign: VE6CKC
Number of Kits: 1
City: Innisfail, Alberta Canada
Email: ve6ckc@gmail.com
Va3sax

Post by Va3sax »

I have changed my mind. Can you please take me off the list

Thanks for all the hard work on this Roy

Steve VA3SAX
pshme

Post by pshme »

I would like to buy the (tr)uSDX kit.

NAME: Peter Shmerko
CALLSIGN: VE6FPV
CITY & PROVINCE: Calgary, Alberta
EMAIL: pshmerko@protonmail.com
VE7DNT

Post by VE7DNT »

So the price of this kit has doubled since the first projected amount which excluded shipping? Seems like a large difference for the now estimated shipping costs but perhaps I am missing something?
WE0H

Post by WE0H »

What is the price now per kit?
tnx,
Mike WE0H
VA7RTL

Post by VA7RTL »

Hi all

I am still having problems getting the case and speakers, so the final price has not yet been established.

The original e-mail showed only the PCB, parts and assembly and was in US $ and did include shipping from China, Taxes (PST/GST), and brokerage fees.

As soon as I get the case sorted out I will be able to calculate the total price. Commercial 3D printers in Canada charge a minimum of $50 setup fee/case; 8-10 hours printing time/case, and the cost of materials. This makes the cost of a case of at least $75/case excluding taxes and shipping.

People say they know of places that can do it for far less. If you know of someone that can do it for less have them supply a written quote for 25, 50, and 100 cases delivered.

Take care Roy
Jason_ve3mal

Post by Jason_ve3mal »

I understand that the US group buy is just organizing a few members to print cases for each other, and the group buy it's self will not include a case. I would be perfectly happy to make my own case if sourcing them for the whole group is too challenging or expensive. Just an option to consider if you are hitting roadblocks.
VA3HF

Post by VA3HF »

Jason_ve3mal wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 18:14 I understand that the US group buy is just organizing a few members to print cases for each other, and the group buy it's self will not include a case.
The US Group Buy (WildMcQ Led) are supplying with their kit, a 3D printed PETG Housing included in their price of $90US in their second round including shipping in the USA. Add at least another $10 to ship to Canada plus our HST if Customs is involved. Their kit is not a mostly assembled radio.
VE3RRD

Post by VE3RRD »

I sent a request over a month ago for a price to print a case to 4 different listings on PrusaPrinters who claim they do print-on-demand; none have answered me. Two of the four appear to be small basement "business" operations. Guess it would take them too long to print it so they are not interested.
VE3IQL

Post by VE3IQL »

VA7RTL wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 16:09 Hi all

I am still having problems getting the case and speakers, so the final price has not yet been established.

The original e-mail showed only the PCB, parts and assembly and was in US $ and did include shipping from China, Taxes (PST/GST), and brokerage fees.

As soon as I get the case sorted out I will be able to calculate the total price. Commercial 3D printers in Canada charge a minimum of $50 setup fee/case; 8-10 hours printing time/case, and the cost of materials. This makes the cost of a case of at least $75/case excluding taxes and shipping.

People say they know of places that can do it for far less. If you know of someone that can do it for less have them supply a written quote for 25, 50, and 100 cases delivered.

Take care Roy
Thanks for staying with this Roy. It takes a lot of work to put something like this together. Especially when it's not a full time job... Stay safe..