New to (tr)uSDX and forum

KB1CRQ

New to (tr)uSDX and forum

Post by KB1CRQ »

Hi OM's and YL's,
I'm new to the forum, and my first (tr)uSDX will be arriving in the mail tomorrow. I opted to buy a pre-built LO band version from the approved Ebay seller, which I believe is Sunny if I'm not mistaken.

I just wanted to ask, is there anything that I am going to need to do to it out of the box to get it up and running correctly, or does Sunny set these up before shipping them, for plug-n'-play so to speak?
I'm aware that you must set the reference frequency, PA bias, and shunt, when building one, but I'm just wondering if they do this before shipping them when buying a pre-built one.

Thanks ahead of time for the responses, and thank you to Manuel and Guido for designing a really cool little QRP rig; I can't wait to get my hands on it tomorrow and try it out!

- Matthew KB1CRQ
Constrainted

Re: New to (tr)uSDX and forum

Post by Constrainted »

PA bias and shunt were set for good output behavior. Ref Frequency was off and needed to be adjusted to get close to alignment. I don't remember if it needed a firmware download right away or not.

73 Constrainted
KB1CRQ

Re: New to (tr)uSDX and forum

Post by KB1CRQ »

Thanks for the reply. I got it up and running. All I had to adjust was the reference frequency, and then the TX drive and Noise Gate settings. I assume the menu "9.7 F/W" is your firmware version, yes? If so, mine says I have version 2.00x.
One thing I can't get working is the streaming audio over CAT. I have full CAT control from JS8call (in Wine) and even grig, but no audio. I'm on a Linux machine, and I have experience with using CAT control on other rigs, as well as virtual audio devices. I followed all of the directions and downloaded the Python script, but can not for the life of me get it to work. Running the Python script keeps giving me errors.

73, Matthew KB1CRQ