CAT/AUDIO via USB cable only

ik3riy

CAT/AUDIO via USB cable only

Post by ik3riy »

task: to use only the USB cable to do CAT and Audio
Hello,
I have loaded the newest firmware: 2.00x (beta)
following Manuel's instructions in the latest video I installed the Trusdx Driver but when I launch it says: conflict on com port 8 go to device manager select CH340 device and change in advanced settings COM port other than COM 8 or 9. VSPE virtual COM port not found: reinstall or enable

I tried to change com port but it does not work. Manuel says it must be on COM 8 but there is this conflict I cannot solve.

For curiosity I launched WSJTX without Trusdx driver in the background and CAT/PTT works BUT NO AUDIO even if I selected VB audio virtual cable. No audio in, no audio out.
If someone can help me otherwise I will give it up and use the two audio cables.
TU
73 Martino ik3riy
Neitron4ik

Re: CAT/AUDIO via USB cable only

Post by Neitron4ik »

I think your COM 8 is busy by another com device. Try to release/deinstall, before installing TruSDX driver.
I receive same error, if I connect my FT-891 usb, which takes the same COM number port.
ik3riy

Post by ik3riy »

Hello again,

thanks for reply. I disinstalled Trusdx drivers cleaned and reinstalled Trusdx drivers.
The COM conflict disappeared, now Trusdx drivers says: drivers OK ! [cable input, cable output COM 8].
I leave it in the background and launch Wjstx... I copied the parameters shown by Manuel .. TS480, COM8 etc... BUT WSJTX says: error Hamlib rig _c(745):_open return while connecting to the rig. ???
no CAT no AUDIO in or out despite I selected VB audio Virtual cable. Any suggestion? Thank you so much in advance. Martino ik3riy
QuantumRadio

Post by QuantumRadio »

Hello,
These are my settings for WSJT-X v2.6.1 and my (tr)uSDX v2.00x. Seeing if these settings work in your setup may be something simple to try first.

Attachments
WSJT-X_File_Settings_Audio.jpeg
WSJT-X_File_Settings_Audio.jpeg (101.83 KiB) Viewed 737 times
WSJT-X_File_Settings_Radio.jpeg
WSJT-X_File_Settings_Radio.jpeg (102.9 KiB) Viewed 737 times
sp5xyz

Post by sp5xyz »

Hi,
try this- switch mode to "none" from USB and run driver as admin.
Best,
ik3riy

Post by ik3riy »

nothing... it does not work with the single usb cable.
I have firmware 2.00x and latest Wjstx.. I also tried many different usb cables that I normally use for data and I trust them 100 per cent..
I tried with another PC and does the same problem/error.
I launch Trusdx drivers and initially says i have a conflict of COM but 3 seconds later it says all it is ok on COM 8. I also tried to run drivers as admin but nothing different happens...
anyway after launching the drivers and leaving them in the backgroud I launch Wjstx with ALL the settings exactly as you mentioned TS 480' COM 8, etc. including VBvistual audio etc but it gives me the error you see in the picture attached. I am loosing hopes maybe there is a glitch in my radio. Thanks for help anyway.
73 Martino ik3riy
Attachments
Cattura.PNG
Cattura.PNG (97.23 KiB) Viewed 705 times
QuantumRadio

Post by QuantumRadio »

Hello,
It seems that the pc COM8 port is not being accessed successfully. If your computer has other USB ports, can you try a different one than the one you're currently using?

Also, the only thing I'm seeing different is the Intervalo di interogazione or poll interval. It should be set to 80s. This is what the code has written in it:
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 5.33.33 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 5.33.33 PM.jpg (168.64 KiB) Viewed 702 times
ik3riy

Post by ik3riy »

Hello everyone and thanks again for help.
After reinstalling and playing with the correct com ports I finally mande it working with just the USB cable. CAT/PTT was working fine, VB cable was working ok, Wsjtx was receiving well... the problem was the FT8 transmission which was very discontinuos and croaking scratchy , I tried to tune the level on the right but when down no mod and when turning it up was again very scratchy without the steady tones of ft8 or whern you press "tune".... BUT while thinking what to do I got a BAD idea to do a reset of the radio! So I closed Wsjt unplugged the usb and the 13,8. Then I pushed and hold the encoder and connected the 13,8......... it displayed reset.. and all seemed ok BUT since then NO POWER OUT on all bands/all modes SSB or CW the built in wattmeter says 0.0w keydown and the same the wattmeter connected in line! Did I burned something?? I am so sorry for that. What can I do now?
vk2tty

Post by vk2tty »

If I'd reset my settings, I'd want to double-check these for safety before attempting to transmit lest I blow my finals:
  • LPF Config: hi, lo, or classic
  • PA Bias max: 128 for lo (3X BS170 in Q1–Q3), 160 for hi and classic (1X FDT8256 in Q5)
You might also need to re-tune your reference frequency? Or, one of those that know will drop by to reassure us resetting doesn't reset these values in particular.
KG7YSX

Post by KG7YSX »

OM, I see that you got your problem solved. I wanted to share that I encountered this issue once, and it was quickly resolved by just plugging the USB cable into a different USB port on the computer. The computer then selected a COM port that wasn't #8.
ZL1TSY

Post by ZL1TSY »

Com port 8 problem. When starting up the computer have the (tr) usdx already powered up and plugged in to USB. It seems that com ports are assigned at start up. It worked on my asus laptop. good luck.