ch-341 driver Not Connecting

K3RTA

ch-341 driver Not Connecting

Post by K3RTA »

I downloaded the driver from this site and used it to upload the Beta version of firmware using the S/N of all zeros.... as the S/N on my screen didn't last long enough for me to read the proper one. The result was that I now see my screen with the actual S/N on it & it stays there. I've subsequently downloaded the Beta firmware using this radio's S/N.

I've reconnected the MicroSD to the PC in the hope of downloading the correct firmware and - the PC can no longer see the radio, et al. I've reloaded the driver as before, yet, all I get is that the USB device is not recognised. PC restarts, deleting the driver & reloading, etc, and nothing.

Am I that stupid?

dl6sez

Re: ch-341 driver Not Connecting

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

your serial number lasts for ever on the screen if you didn't power off the device!
You maybe connected it to PC or something else trying communicating to the USB serial chip inside the (tr)uSDX....
Try to delete all USB drivers for serial to USB chips like CH340, Prolific and others,
thanif it installs the driver at plug into USB and look at windoof system Device Manager on which Com port it connects to. I think there is another Application trying to get the CH340G of the (tr)uSDX or the driver does not know which to connect due to high Com number.... e.g. to much serial to USB drivers for windoof.

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
K3RTA

Post by K3RTA »

I've disconnected power half a dozen times and reloaded new downloads of the driver from Manuel's site. I'm afraid neither had any positive effect. Thanks, though.
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Maybe you killed the Atmega328 or CH340G due to ESD....
Winter time is ESD killing time.

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany