Digital on M1 Mac?

robotdog

Digital on M1 Mac?

Post by robotdog »

I'm trying to get digital mode working on my m1 Mac, using WSJT-X and the trusdx-audio python script.

I can successfully control the radio from WSJTX, but when I try to use the Blackhole sound drivers to redirect the audio using threeme3's trusdx-audio python script, I'm not getting any sound into the WSJTX app.

I've had to make two deviations from the trusdx-audio instructions: (1) I need to start WSJTX first otherwise the trusdx-audio python script locks the port, (2) I then need to run the python script with sudo otherwise it gets blocked from using the port. So I think the issue is contention over the usb port and how to get sound properly rerouted while also permitting CAT control from WSJTX. I suspect the issue is the the way the ports are opened on the Mac differ from how it's done within linux, but haven't had time to dig deeper.

If anyone has solved this or has ideas, I thank you in advance.

(Incidentally, I tried dual-booting into linux but paused that route because python3.12 deprecated a module required to run the script and haven't had time to downgrade back to python3.11.)

TIA
robotdog

Re: Digital on M1 Mac?

Post by robotdog »

Got it working - when running trusdx-audio.py, the "force control lines" (DTR and RTS) should both be blank. When the radio is connected to WSJTX without trusdx-audio.py, they need to be high/low to get CAT control working.