missing menus

vercors99

missing menus

Post by vercors99 »

Hello,
I bought my uSDX in February by AliExpress (Up Tech Store)
But some menus are missing : 1.10 and 1.11 (filters), 2.1 cw decoder (still in decoder mode) and 2.8 (practice).
A friend of me who bought this trx at the same time has the same problems
Do you have an explanation ?
Best 73's
Didier F6GNK
k0tbs

Re: missing menus

Post by k0tbs »

I have noticed this as well, even using the Beta firmware. It also does not pick up CW characters well when using iambic paddles, it constantly reads characters even when neither paddle is being used, and I have tried two paddles. On other devices these paddles work as expected. Testing paddles with multimeter confirms nothing is being sent when paddles are inactive. CW practice mode is something I was hoping to use.
k0tbs

Post by k0tbs »

vercors99 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 09:05 Hello,
I bought my uSDX in February by AliExpress (Up Tech Store)
But some menus are missing : 1.10 and 1.11 (filters), 2.1 cw decoder (still in decoder mode) and 2.8 (practice).
A friend of me who bought this trx at the same time has the same problems
Do you have an explanation ?
Best 73's
Didier F6GNK
I found in another thread:
3. Removed Practice mode from menu to further cleanup (now TX Drive setting to 0 do the same, no RF output).
vercors99

Post by vercors99 »

Hello,

Thanks for reply

Finally, I found answers for cw decoder and filters in the post "Feedback thread for Firmware 2.00v/w/x BETA " by PE1NNZ

Previous Software Changes (2.00v):
7. Menu cleanup, removed: PA Bias min (0 now), NR (OFF now), CW decoder (always ON now), ATT/ATT2

(but I regret that the attenuators are no longer available to avoid transmodulation in case of strong stations, particularly on 40m when contest)

Best 73's
Didier F6GNK