Firmware update to v2.00b rig

David Mangnall

Firmware update to v2.00b rig

Post by David Mangnall »

Hi.
I am digitally challenged and have closely followed Manuel’s instructions carefully.
However my “Personal”firmware appears as a file location and it may appear that the com port 3 is not detected, even though device manager says it is.
The abt dudes says,
Cannot open port \\.\com1: the system cannot find the file specified
Unable to open port com1 for programmer arduino
Avrdude built without libserialport support; please compile again with libserialport

This is one of the first group buy rigs and I have not attempted an upgrade, but now would like to try it on Classic bands with the rf pcb I have.
Please.
Can you help
Thanks
Dave G8SNR
G8 SNR
David Mangnall

Re: Firmware update to v2.00b rig

Post by David Mangnall »

David Mangnall wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 17:05 This has been resolved by using an older version of Avrdudes.

Hi.
I am digitally challenged and have closely followed Manuel’s instructions carefully.
However my “Personal”firmware appears as a file location and it may appear that the com port 3 is not detected, even though device manager says it is.
The abt dudes says,
Cannot open port \\.\com1: the system cannot find the file specified
Unable to open port com1 for programmer arduino
Avrdude built without libserialport support; please compile again with libserialport

This is one of the first group buy rigs and I have not attempted an upgrade, but now would like to try it on Classic bands with the rf pcb I have.
Please.
Can you help
Thanks
Dave G8SNR
G8 SNR