Fix for bad sideband suppression on 30 and 20m Band

Ra9oau

Re: Fix for bad sideband suppression on 30 and 20m Band

Post by Ra9oau »

meaning one usdx need filtering PWM buffer lm358 and amplitude adjustment with si5351 and then distortion is minimal
Ra9oau

Post by Ra9oau »

and it is desirable to install rd16hff1 which I did now I have an output power from 7wt at 80m to 5wt at 10m and without distortion in the signal. if you want to see it, find my youtube channel and there is a recording of the signal, but alas, in Russian, but I think it won’t hurt you to evaluate the quality. my channel with my callsign write and find
Ra9oau

Post by Ra9oau »

Has anyone tried setting my usdx modification to receive? I'm wondering if it worked for you or not?
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Hello Victor,

The reason noone can help you here, is because (tr)uSDX is a normed set of parts, so it is easier to support. If you deviate from anything of that, you´re on your own.
While all uSDX and uSDR are based on my 8-Band Sandwich Schematic, there were changes made, that I do not know of. Finally, the reason, why we have split off from uSDX and closed source for (tr)uSDX is so that noone just can "re-invent" the wheel without knowing what they do. For example your suggestion to replace PA Fet.... That´s a very bad suggestion without re-calculating the Filters, otherwise you will not get efficiency and create harmonics.

So I want to point out the forum rules to you:
viewtopic.php?t=132
- This is (tr)uSDX Forum, so no uSDX related discussions please. We forked off from uSDX for a reason, and don´t want to mix it here again. For uSDX Discussions go to -> https://groups.io/g/ucx/topics
- Respect the (tr)uSDX license. No Questions, Instruction, Suggestions about how to bypass it.
- Forum Language is ENGLISH. No Exeptions. This is, so everyone in our Team can understand what´s going on.
- Rules may be extended according needs
So: No further uSDX Discussion here, please.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
Ra9oau

Post by Ra9oau »

ok I won't, I just wanted to share my experience
Ra9oau

Post by Ra9oau »

and since the problems of all usdx are the same regardless of the modification, I wrote to you