PL/EU Group Buy - SN3AK - I (completed) II (full)

EA5HQ

Re: PL/EU Group Buy #PLGROUPBUY - SN3AK

Post by EA5HQ »

Printer filament will be orange, for everybody, unless I get major complaints.

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07T6WMYWV

73 Marcus EA5HQ
EA5HQ

Post by EA5HQ »

Oh, another thing, I'm going to peel these prints straight from the printer, do a quick visual inspection and throw them in bags for sending. I'm not going to be doing the fiddly little filing / sanding / edge finishing / tapping of threads - the things that anybody who's ever had anything to do with filament 3D printers will be very familiar with and will know that can sap up a lot of time, especially if I had to do that for 25 or 50 sets!

As I said, I will do one (or however many it takes) test prints to make sure that I'm printing something that will fit together (hoping that the PCB will fit when we get it, which it should, but I can do some caliper measurements just to check).

73 Marcus EA5HQ
varaga031

Post by varaga031 »

Hello Adam.

Thanks for the coordination.

Please add me for one kit (without housing) and shipping to Serbia (Belgrade).

Tomo YT5CQ
DJ2FL

Post by DJ2FL »

Hello Adam,

Please add me to List #2

- 2 Units please both with housing

Thanks for your organization of the group and your work.

Best 73
Frank, DJ2FL
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hello Adam,

Can you include me to the order for 1 full kits without the housing ?
Shipment to France.

73. Chris. F4FLU
DL3XN

Post by DL3XN »

Hi Adam,
i would like to get 1 kit, with printed 3d housing, if you ship to Germany.

Vy 73
Patrick
DL3XN
73 de DL3XN
YO8AZQ

Post by YO8AZQ »

EA5HQ wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 18:25
Adam SN3AK wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 17:19
Hi Markus,

Please make one enclosure for measurement - for sure there will be need for it. I fully agree with you that "one model/color fits all" is good strategy. I also would like to minimize risk of mistake when I will package them.
Regarding timing, I think we can consider 2 shipments (25 + 25 later) or even more (4?) if the shipment
does not increase price significantly. When calculate price, please take all costs into account with some rounding up - I think ~50 cases, 50 days it takes some bother to you.
Regarding number of enclosures - I will collect real orders soon, with personal data etc. Then I will let you know what the exact number is ordered.
Let's be in touch on progress from both sides.

Regards,
Adam SN3AK
Hi Adam

My 3D printer software (Cura) tells me 46g of filament. Call that 50. Let's say I get 20% print #fails (typical for me). So allow 60g. Let's say I can get 16 sets from a 1kg spool of filament. My current favourite source for filament is Amazon Basics which I believe is made by Mitsubishi in Netherlands. It's quite a good price / quality / availability combination for me here in rural Spain. It's currently around €22 a 1kg reel. So, just in filament, the enclosure should be about €1.38. Let's say my printer uses 200W on average while printing, and the Cura software says 5h 16m to print - I'll round that up to 6. Electricity in Spain is eye-wateringly expensive at the moment compared to what it used to be just 2 years ago, but I'll say that it costs €0.60 in electricity to print. Allow some wear and tear on the printer at €0.50 per set. Plus €1 per kit for the shipping when combined for the batch of 30. Grand total current estimate is, say, €3.50 per enclosure in costs.

Cheers

Marcus
Hello!
We organized a group of 10 in Romania (closed on December 23). I listed 8 boxes. So the estimates are correct. The only problem is, at least for me, the size. I checked with a DL2MAN sandwich board and it needed a 1.01 size increase. Not much, but enough not to fit the plates in the box. The problem may be that I used PLA, from my printer or ... I don't know from where. So the recommendation is to check the first box very carefully!
Ady / YO8AZQ
Faraaz VK4JJ

Re: PL/EU Group Buy - SN3AK - **FULL/CLOSED FOR ORDERS**

Post by Faraaz VK4JJ »

Moderator comment:

PLEASE NOTE THIS GROUP BUY IS CLOSED. IT IS NOT ACCEPTING NEW ORDERS.

Please do not post beyond this post with requests like 'one for me' etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adam SN3AK

Post by Adam SN3AK »

YO8AZQ wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 22:26
Adam SN3AK wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 17:19
Hi Markus,

Please make one enclosure for measurement - for sure there will be need for it. I fully agree with you that "one model/color fits all" is good strategy. I also would like to minimize risk of mistake when I will package them.
Regarding timing, I think we can consider 2 shipments (25 + 25 later) or even more (4?) if the shipment
does not increase price significantly. When calculate price, please take all costs into account with some rounding up - I think ~50 cases, 50 days it takes some bother to you.
Regarding number of enclosures - I will collect real orders soon, with personal data etc. Then I will let you know what the exact number is ordered.
Let's be in touch on progress from both sides.

Regards,
Adam SN3AK
Hi Adam

My 3D printer software (Cura) tells me 46g of filament. Call that 50. Let's say I get 20% print #fails (typical for me). So allow 60g. Let's say I can get 16 sets from a 1kg spool of filament. My current favourite source for filament is Amazon Basics which I believe is made by Mitsubishi in Netherlands. It's quite a good price / quality / availability combination for me here in rural Spain. It's currently around €22 a 1kg reel. So, just in filament, the enclosure should be about €1.38. Let's say my printer uses 200W on average while printing, and the Cura software says 5h 16m to print - I'll round that up to 6. Electricity in Spain is eye-wateringly expensive at the moment compared to what it used to be just 2 years ago, but I'll say that it costs €0.60 in electricity to print. Allow some wear and tear on the printer at €0.50 per set. Plus €1 per kit for the shipping when combined for the batch of 30. Grand total current estimate is, say, €3.50 per enclosure in costs.

Cheers

Marcus
Hello!
We organized a group of 10 in Romania (closed on December 23). I listed 8 boxes. So the estimates are correct. The only problem is, at least for me, the size. I checked with a DL2MAN sandwich board and it needed a 1.01 size increase. Not much, but enough not to fit the plates in the box. The problem may be that I used PLA, from my printer or ... I don't know from where. So the recommendation is to check the first box very carefully!
Ady / YO8AZQ
Dear Ady YO8AZQ - thanks for information.

Dear Markus,

Thank you for update. I will round up the enclosure cost to 5 EUR. I do not see you added cost of shipment or not.
Please send picture of the first printed enclosure to this forum - let's all see it before they take decision.

I though about the total price and came up with following conclusions:
1 kit with assembled SMD parts + all remaining parts - 50 EUR
Additional cost for shipment out of Poland (EU only) - 6 EUR
Enclosure 5 EUR

My calculation are based on information from DL2MAN, Polish Post, Allegro ("polish ebay").
I do my best to fit in this budget, assuming that PL Tax/Duties are comparable with DE/EU ones.

What is next step:
Expect personal data survey on weekend.

Best regards,
Adam

For those who send registration after closure - I will add you on the list for Group 2.
Tweaker

Post by Tweaker »

Faraaz VK4JJ wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 01:12 Moderator comment:

PLEASE NOTE THIS GROUP BUY IS CLOSED. IT IS NOT ACCEPTING NEW ORDERS.

Please do not post beyond this post with requests like 'one for me' etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I guess the Chinese do something better than we.... (apart from building quality ;) )
The big difference is that this is not a commercial venture, but as we all can see, the product is a very wanted one and almost begs to get commercial. Maybe a hint for the intellectual owner: get an investor to sell it to. It will get more expensive, but at least available for everyone (as long as chip supplies don't get stuck).
Just my 5 cents..
F1LPT

Post by F1LPT »

Hello
I would like to be on list 2 with a (1) kit without enclosure , shipping to France .

bardzo dziękuję za to działanie.....

73 / 44 od Patrick Skibinski F1LPT
Alain

Post by Alain »

Adam SN3AK wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 09:39
YO8AZQ wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 22:26

Hi Adam

Cheers

Marcus
Hello!
Ady / YO8AZQ
Dear Ady YO8AZQ - thanks for information.

Dear Markus,

Thank you for update. I will round up the enclosure cost to 5 EUR. I do not see you added cost of shipment or not.
Please send picture of the first printed enclosure to this forum - let's all see it before they take decision.

I though about the total price and came up with following conclusions:
1 kit with assembled SMD parts + all remaining parts - 50 EUR
Additional cost for shipment out of Poland (EU only) - 6 EUR
Enclosure 5 EUR

My calculation are based on information from DL2MAN, Polish Post, Allegro ("polish ebay").
I do my best to fit in this budget, assuming that PL Tax/Duties are comparable with DE/EU ones.

What is next step:

Best regards,
Adam

For those who send registration after closure - I will add you on the list for Group 2.
Hello,
Name : Alain
Call: EA3ATJ
I'm interested in buying 1 complete kit + Enclosure, if you can send it to SPAIN
73's
dl1tsm

Post by dl1tsm »

Hi Adam,

I would also kindly like to apply for Group 2, if it takes places some day.
Call: DL1TSM
1 Kit without Enclosure

Kindest Regards,
Timo, DL1TSM
OE3FSA

Post by OE3FSA »

What is next step:
Hello,

maybe we can help and send you our data per mail?

73 de Florian, OE3FSA
sv5fri

Post by sv5fri »

hello Adam,

could you please provide us your email to send you our contact details. Please inform us for your PayPal account
---
73 Yiannis, SV5FRI
https://www.sv5fri.eu
DxCluster: dxc.sv5fri.eu:7300
df6mu

Post by df6mu »

Hi Adam,

Hope your list 2 is not complete yet, as I would to enroll for one kit with enclosure.

TIA!

Sergej DF6MU
EA5HQ

Post by EA5HQ »

I'm starting the first test print for the enclosures. Boy, PET-G is a challenge compared to PLA - I knew this already and it's not the first time I've printed PET-G. The settings are much more on the limit to get it to print OK. The printer I'm working on this morning says 8.5h to print (the other one is, in theory, more like 5.5h). I'm printing everything at once, so the knob and speaker ring also come out in orange, at least for now. I might print those in black (I have a spool of black PETG) - no promises. For now I just want to get one enclosure done as a test before making more commitments to 'open a printing factory' in my house.

Fingers crossed for some photos of a printed set of enclosure parts around lunchtime.

Marcus EA5HQ
Micha

Post by Micha »

Hello,
I would also apply if possible for Group 2.
I am interested in 1 kit with enclosure.
Name: Michael
Call: DL9LBD

73 de Michael
hb9fvv

Post by hb9fvv »

Salut

I'd like to apply too, if still possible, for Group 2
I am interested in 2 kits with 2 enclosures.

Name: Philipp
Call: HB9FVV

73 de Philipp
yo8rcd

Post by yo8rcd »

EA5HQ wrote: 06 Jan 2022, 06:18 ...
I'm printing everything at once, so the knob and speaker ring also come out in orange, at least for now. I might print those in black (I have a spool of black PETG) - no promises. For now I just want to get one enclosure done as a test before making more commitments to 'open a printing factory' in my house.
Just an opinion ... I have no experience in 3D printing.
Couldn't the covers be grouped by thickness to increase print speed? Possibly, because the buttons are higher, to be printed separately?
73!
Costin, YO8RCD
OE3FSA

Post by OE3FSA »

yo8rcd wrote: 06 Jan 2022, 11:16 Just an opinion ... I have no experience in 3D printing.
Couldn't the covers be grouped by thickness to increase print speed? Possibly, because the buttons are higher, to be printed separately?
In 3D printing height doesn‘t matter. Volume is the time consuming factor. One can speed up printing by thicker layers (= not so beautiful) or less infill (=not so stable)

73 de Florian, OE3FSA
yo8rcd

Post by yo8rcd »

OE3FSA wrote: 06 Jan 2022, 12:33 ...
In 3D printing height doesn‘t matter. Volume is the time consuming factor. One can speed up printing by thicker layers (= not so beautiful) or less infill (=not so stable)

73 de Florian, OE3FSA
I understand! That means it will take ...
We look forward to printing.
Health and well at work!
73!
Costin, YO8RCD
SQ8JMz

Post by SQ8JMz »

Dzień dobry Adamie!

Dzięki za koordynację zakupu! Widzę,że zamówieie zamknięte. Jeżeli możesz jeszcze mnie dopisać, to chętnie zakupie 2 zestawy. Wszystkiego Najlepszego w Nowym 2022 Roku!

Robert SQ8JMZ
EA5HQ

Post by EA5HQ »

PET-G isn't going well so far today. No amount of playing with print speeds (between 25 and 50 mm/s tried) and temperatures (my hot end at this end has a cheaper PTFE tube close to the hot stuff, so 240C is my limit today).

I'm still getting a AWFUL finish (like, kind of 'shaggy' on what should be a smooth surface). I have put the whole, new, opened today, bought this week, reel in the filament dryer as a last hope. I'll leave it to dry for a few hours.

The same printer was making beautiful, accurate prints in PLA earlier this week.
latewarning

Post by latewarning »

Did you try with the Amazon basics filament? I heard some complaints about its quality lately. I never printed petg, I'll do a test with a SUNLU filament this weekend.