Question on Current Gerbers

wa2t

Question on Current Gerbers

Post by wa2t »

Hi Group,

I am semi-new to uSDX/(tr)uSDX, but very familiar with QCX, etc. from QRP-Labs. Anyway, I would like to ask if the files (particularly Gerber) referenced in the Getting Started thread are current? i.e., is there a new, major release forthcoming which I should wait on? I plan to buy boards and build my own from scratch rather than waiting for a group buy.

Thanks for the forum and the work being done.

Robert, WA2T
DL2MAN

Re: Question on Current Gerbers

Post by DL2MAN »

Hello Robert,

they are as new as they can be... barely released.
There will be no changes in hardware anymore. All future updates will be software only. This is it ;)

EDIT: There is a planned update: We will publish an alternative BOM to cover the higher Bands, but this will still use of the same unchanged PCBs !

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
wa2t

Post by wa2t »

Thank you Manuel!
OE3DLB

Post by OE3DLB »

Hi all,
I have another Gerber related questions from a Newbie:
First: In the RF board schematic and also in the parts list of the board, there are a group of capacitors (C10,C13,C15,C17,...) parallel to other existing capacitors, but without a value. What is the reason for this?

Second: At JLCPCP there are some parts short (SN74CBT3253PWR, SN74ACT00DR and two Caps: GRM2165C2A102JA01D, 0603N680J101CT). What is your experience? If looking for alternatives or the IC's which would you recommend?

Tnx, 73 Dieter OE3DLB
wa2t

Post by wa2t »

OE3DLB wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 12:24 Hi all,
I have another Gerber related questions from a Newbie:
First: In the RF board schematic and also in the parts list of the board, there are a group of capacitors (C10,C13,C15,C17,...) parallel to other existing capacitors, but without a value. What is the reason for this?

Second: At JLCPCP there are some parts short (SN74CBT3253PWR, SN74ACT00DR and two Caps: GRM2165C2A102JA01D, 0603N680J101CT). What is your experience? If looking for alternatives or the IC's which would you recommend?

Tnx, 73 Dieter OE3DLB
Hi Dieter,

First: The mentioned caps are "DNI" (Do Not Install), I believe this is what Manuel is trying to convey with their "-0" value. Manuel, suggest changing this value to DNI or otherwise putting something more descriptive on the BOM.

Second: Both the mentioned IC's are available at Digikey. (Third?:) On the caps, look for 1000pF (or 1 nF) and 68pF C0G/NP0, 100V, 0805 caps and I'll bet you'll find something available at your vendor of choice. By the way, looks like your part number for the 68pF is for a 0603, should be 0805?

Robert, WA2T
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

I can only confirm, what Robert posted.

Do not Install Caps without Value in the BOM. The reason this is not specified more is the fact: There will be a high band BOM coming, this one will have different Values then. But I´ll come up with something, to make it more clear.

The Caps can be substituted with any other correct value C0G/NP0 Cap rated for 100V for assembly by JLC-PCB. If 0603 or 0805 doesn´t matter. Bot will fit (on the RF Board !!!), and both will be accepted for factory assembly (on the RF Board !!!). This was done on purpose, so we have that flexibility.

The fact that this (Parts out of Stock) will happen was clearly stated on my page.... Actually none of the group buy organizers was able to do it without substitution so far.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN