Orange 3D Case - menu button on mainboard.

M1KTA

Orange 3D Case - menu button on mainboard.

Post by M1KTA »

I fitted all mine together and noted that the menu button (I had soldered it to the mainboard correctly) ceased slightly on the top edge of the top cover when fitted so was permanently enabled when screwed in. I used a finishing tool on the hole (and the other two button holes to add a bit of clearance and it is fine now.

Those that are printing your own enclosures from STL files https://www.printables.com/model/103619 ... sing/files the Top-Cover-EKULIT_LSF-23MSC.stl file you might want to check the clearances for the specific buttons you use.

Dom
M1KTA

Yes I had removed the tab on the rotary encoder.
wa2t

Re: Orange 3D Case - menu button on mainboard.

Post by wa2t »

Hi Dom,

Not sure what is going on with your case, I printed a number of them for the units I have built and the Menu button is perfectly centered in the front panel hole, same as the other two buttons.

Robert, WA2T
M1KTA

Post by M1KTA »

wa2t wrote: 05 Apr 2022, 13:37 Hi Dom,

Not sure what is going on with your case, I printed a number of them for the units I have built and the Menu button is perfectly centered in the front panel hole, same as the other two buttons.

Robert, WA2T
I suspect the case warped a tiny bit in transit I would expect this might happen in use/sunshine too. The amount it was 'out' really wasn't much, fraction of a mm but was enough for the button to go hard on if top fitted, the tolerances are very small. Mine were all in the top 1/2, the screws securing were central etc... however it was an easy fix. (Yes the screw fixing holes had been pre-tapped).

Dom
M1KTA
M1KTA

Post by M1KTA »

FP_HQmEXoAg8_Go.jpeg
FP_HQmEXoAg8_Go.jpeg (103.48 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
As can see before I did anything the button holes for Meu and Enter were too low and PTT was too far to right.
wa2t

Post by wa2t »

Weird (but yes, I see what you are saying!).

Robert, WA2T
VE3RRD

Post by VE3RRD »

Possibly the 3D printer isn't exactly calibrated? The bottom cover should be exactly 85mm by 55mm by 1.6mm thick.
M1KTA

Post by M1KTA »

Maybe? The fix is easy enough, make the hole a bit bigger (if the buttons catch). Not like this is a hermetically sealed unit anyway.

I think the RF boards from *Rxxxx* (like mine is) have other issues right now.

Dom
M1KTA
W4OP

Post by W4OP »

Likely not the answer- but are your switches all mounted and seated squarely to the PCB?

Dale W4OP
M1KTA

Post by M1KTA »

Tnx, yes Dale they are. 73
Dom
M1KTA