UK GROUP BUY 2- ***looking for leader***

scubafrique

Re: UK GROUP BUY 2- G7NQL

Post by scubafrique »

I have sent out messages through here to a few people to gather email addresses, those I cant locate on the www.QRZ.com website, and have only had 2 responses. Not got contact details for the following:
G1KQH
G4MSA
EA8DMA (Canary Islands)
G4MSA
M0OOR
G7GIJ
M0IXG
LB0K (Sweden)
M0WID*
G8KIG
G8PPD
G4YTI
M0JUI
M0WHT
M0IOF
G1HYO

Grateful you could check your messages and send your email address to me.

G4SEB has asked to be included, and M0WID has previously stated he was willing to sacrifice his spot - not heard from him yet, and no email address.

Im not comfortable soldering and have never soldered SMD's but I know theres a guy in a club somewhere who'd be willing to help.
G4FSX / ZS1FSX
scubafrique

Post by scubafrique »

Got it G4SEB- youre first on the back ups. M0WID has stated that they've brought the full kit, so if thats OK with them then youve got their spot.

15 other Call signs are without email addresses, so theres scope that theyre not committed. I have sent messages to them through the Private messages function, but no response yet. Will message again with my contact details.

73 G4FSX

G4SEB wrote: 02 Feb 2022, 16:38 Hi

Thanks G7NQL for volunteering to run the group buy.

Please could I put down my interest for a single kit and an enclosure as a reserve in case someone backs out, etc?

Many thanks,
Seb G4SEB
G4FSX / ZS1FSX
scubafrique

Post by scubafrique »

Hi Roger, please can you confirm your email address to me (you can find my email address via QRZ.com ZS1FSX / G4FSX) or via the PM function
You are 2nd and 3rd on the standby list.
As detailed to G4SEB, there are 15 outstanding contact addresses to follow up on so there may be scope to have you added. LB0K I cant get in touch with is a swedish call sign and has requested 2.

73 G4FSX
Roger G0SWC wrote: 03 Feb 2022, 18:04 Hi I'm up for this too, 2 Kits plus case / enclosure
Roger G0SWC
G4FSX / ZS1FSX
scubafrique

Post by scubafrique »

Hi Stephen,

Ive added you as the 4th standby and have your email details captured. 15 people have expressed an interest whose contact details Ive not been able to get yet.

(interesting note on the 35mm name - Man I miss e6 film)

73 G4FSX
G7VFY wrote: 06 Feb 2022, 19:05 I'm very interested in a complete kit, possibly two, including the enclosure

Stephen G7VFY
07956-544202
G4FSX / ZS1FSX
Wilts21

Post by Wilts21 »

Sadly the message function doesn’t work if you haven’t posted enough to the forum. I couldn’t reply last time I tried

Paul
M1CNK
scubafrique

Post by scubafrique »

I’ve got a quote for 3D printed enclosures:
One colour print £9.99
One colour Print with Personalised Call sign as well £12.99
Both prices plus VAT.
I don’t know how to add a photo here from my phone so linking it to the tr(u)SDX site.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/trusdx/ ... 029469179/

To be clear I am not in any way affiliated nor receive compensation
G4FSX / ZS1FSX
G7NQL

Post by G7NQL »

I've been away for the last week. Ian pointed out that Farnell's availability is for 2023! So that's out, I've found another source, Digikey can supply them immediately at a reasonable price.

I'll do another dry run, if availability looks good, I'll be putting in an order.

Scubafrique will be reaching out to you to confirm that you still want to go ahead and for your email.
You can also send a PM to him instead.
mm0gyx

Post by mm0gyx »

G7NQL wrote: 16 Feb 2022, 00:32 I've been away for the last week. Ian pointed out that Farnell's availability is for 2023! So that's out, I've found another source, Digikey can supply them immediately at a reasonable price.

I'll do another dry run, if availability looks good, I'll be putting in an order.

Scubafrique will be reaching out to you to confirm that you still want to go ahead and for your email.
You can also send a PM to him instead.
This doesn’t look right, the part number is wrong, checking data sheet pin 4 for this one is ground, whilst the 328p pin 4 is vcc.
G7NQL

Post by G7NQL »

That'll teach me for relying on a google search and not verifying properly.
Thanks for pointing it out Ian.
G7NQL

Post by G7NQL »

The MCU substitutes
U4 ATmega328P-AU TQFP-32 ---->ATMEGA328PB-AU or ATMEGA328PB-AUR

The validated subs are OOS too, 50-70 weeks delivery.

Image Image Image Image Image
Paul_G7UJN

Post by Paul_G7UJN »

I'm interested or am I too late? I almost bought a clone this week until I realised they were ripping off the original design.

Paul

G7UJN
scubafrique

Post by scubafrique »

Hi Paul - added to the standby list #55 I cant find your details contact other than Paul G7UJN
Paul_G7UJN wrote: 17 Feb 2022, 16:03 I'm interested or am I too late? I almost bought a clone this week until I realised they were ripping off the original design.

Paul

G7UJN
G4FSX / ZS1FSX
scubafrique

Post by scubafrique »

Hi Guys a few have come back to me with contact email addresses (including a couple on the reserve list. If you cant PM me owing to insufficient count sent to scubafrique(AT)googlemail.com

Still outstanding:

G1KQH
EA8DMA
M0OOR
G7GIJ 
M0IXG  
LB0K
M0WID
G8KIG 
G8PPD 
G4YTI 
M0JUI 
M0WHT
M0IOF
G1HYO
G0SWC
G7UJN

Ian if there are any who expressed an interest on the First Group buy that missed out, should we contact them? What's the collective thoughts?
G4FSX / ZS1FSX
mm0gyx

Post by mm0gyx »

scubafrique wrote: 21 Feb 2022, 09:56 Hi Guys a few have come back to me with contact email addresses (including a couple on the reserve list. If you cant PM me owing to insufficient count sent to scubafrique(AT)googlemail.com

Still outstanding:

G1KQH
EA8DMA
M0OOR
G7GIJ 
M0IXG  
LB0K
M0WID
G8KIG 
G8PPD 
G4YTI 
M0JUI 
M0WHT
M0IOF
G1HYO
G0SWC
G7UJN

Ian if there are any who expressed an interest on the First Group buy that missed out, should we contact them? What's the collective thoughts?
Anyone who contacted me about first group buy was forwarded here when it was full. So, hopefully they are already on the 2nd group list.

Cheers.
M7TSX

Post by M7TSX »

Hi there, Bruce M7TSX here. Still interested in joining the UK group buy if space is available. My email address is stationerytraffic at gmail dot com . Thanks.
G4MJW

Post by G4MJW »

I am still very interested in a full kit with or without case. I was on the original list on page one but not sure what happened.

Steve/G4MJW
scubafrique

Post by scubafrique »

G4MJW wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 20:44 I am still very interested in a full kit with or without case. I was on the original list on page one but not sure what happened.

Steve/G4MJW
I’ve got you in # 46 & 47
G4FSX / ZS1FSX
G7NQL

Update 11-Mar-22

Post by G7NQL »

I've been tied up with other projects in the last few weeks, but it's time to revert back to this GB.
I've checked availability on JLCPCB; there are a quite a few SMD capacitors that are OOS, the alternatives have a looser tolerance, 10% instead of 5%, I'm not sure how critical these are, but I'd be a little wary on substitutions on the RF board, TCA9555PWR is also OOS. The control board is missing the mcu, XTAL and logic chip.

The main driver for managing this GB is to bring a genuine (tr)uSDX to the UK for a reasonable price in a reasonable time. All the times I've checked, the availability of components has hampered our ability to progress. I propose that we put a drop-dead date for this GB, it isn't fair to ask people to wait for an extended time when the (tr)uSDX is available from approved sources such as Aliexpress for example, albeit at a higher cost than I'd targeted (£55.00 - 60.00) for a complete kit without case, which would allow for a decent contribution to the designers.

I suggest a month from now. During this time I'll check 2-3 times a week.

What do you think?
GI1XPV

Post by GI1XPV »

That sounds reasonable. You have put a lot of effort into this and deserve everyone’s appreciation. It has been a very difficult time to try to make this work, but if the components aren’t there, then it is unreasonable to expect you to continue. I have a number of other projects also on hold waiting for components. So much so that I have embarked on building a replica paraset. 1940s valves are remarkably easier to get.
M7WRC

Re: Update 11-Mar-22

Post by M7WRC »

G7NQL wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 22:54I propose that we put a drop-dead date for this GB, it isn't fair to ask people to wait for an extended time when the (tr)uSDX is available from approved sources such as Aliexpress for example, albeit at a higher cost than I'd targeted (£55.00 - 60.00) for a complete kit without case, which would allow for a decent contribution to the designers.

I suggest a month from now. During this time I'll check 2-3 times a week.

What do you think?
I think that sounds fair, yes. Thanks for your efforts up to now in trying to source the components for us.
G7NQL

Post by G7NQL »

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement.

Checked this morning (15/03/22)
MCU, crystal, logic chip and a handful of caps NA in the quantities we're after.

Last edited by G7NQL on 16 Mar 2022, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
G7NQL

Post by G7NQL »

Checked 16/03/22

G7NQL

Post by G7NQL »

Ok, checked today. Same situation. I reached out to the CS, they suggested that we pre-order the parts.
Got this link from them https://support.jlcpcb.com/article/151- ... -in-jlcpcb

I'll see if it's something we can make use of.
G7NQL

Post by G7NQL »

Checked 20/03/22 and 22/03/22
Same situation with core components

I've looked at pre-ordering the parts, it commits us to the parts they have and we wait for the OOS parts to come back in stock. For the last 2 weeks (checked about 10 occasions) the MCU has been OOS all that time and the other parts have come and gone and returned.

Another alternative is to source the missing parts from elsewhere, but it means we need to solder them ourselves. The issue with that is not everyone is able to solder multi pin SMD and that this increases the complexity and of things not working, either because of user error or extra stages of sourcing and handling.

Your comments are appreciated.
scubafrique

Post by scubafrique »

Hi Chun I’m still very keen - I really wanted one ahead of a trip I’ve got end April so I’ll probably order one through AliExpress (who seem to be the only approved resaler)
Then hang on to see what happens here snd only buy the one kit.

I’ve just returned to the UK and don’t have the set up for Micro soldering (or experience tbh) but I’m sure I can find a local friendly HAM to help me out.

I can’t speak for everyone but Most have indicated they’d like the full kit. Given that other Group buys are getting along and *Rxxxx* AliExpress are still getting them out there must be a way.
G4FSX / ZS1FSX