band 6M and 4M

EB5HDT

band 6M and 4M

Post by EB5HDT »

is it possible in operation for the 4m and 6m bands? The si5351 covers those bands, if the 30M and 60M filters are replaced?
John

Re: band 6M and 4M

Post by John »

If I understand it correctly, the (tr)uSDX has been designed to have a standard hardware and firmware format so it can be built inexpensively, and supported here by the original designers and there won't be an assortment of weird variant, undocumented Chinese knockoffs produced by unscrupulous vendors who don't support their products, leaving the purchasers coming here in an effort to get support for their unknown radios. (Although the (tr)uSDX does have 3 possible band configurations, (only one of which is fully supported so far,) 6 meters and 4 meters are not among them. Those wishing to do band addition and modification experiments, as I do, should build up an additional radio to experiment on, one of the rigs with an entirely open format. That's what I'm doing. I needed more little HF rigs anyway. With such a radio, we will be on our own, giving us plenty of opportunities to screw things up, devise ingenious circuitry, or both. :)