Schematics - redrawn for clarity

RichardB

Schematics - redrawn for clarity

Post by RichardB »

I, KD4SGE was introduced to the (tr)uSDX by a friend of mine, WD4ITD. While assiting him with his (tr)uSDX, I purchased one and began working with it. As we talked about the (tr)uSDX, we agreed that this is a great radio; great performance for a simple design. We both know how much work can go into designing, prototyping, and testing to get an idea working. So we decided to contribute to the work. We both have over 40 years in electronics as our work. Even so, we found the original schematics rather difficult to read and understand. But, rather than sitting around wondering when someone else would do it, we decided to participate. as an example of the amount of work involved, we spent probably a combined total of around 40+ hours just redrawing, proofing and organizing the schematics. (Link is given below).

We organized and redrew the schematics so that it is easier to read and understand what is going in inside the radio. Parts were grouped into functional groups. The flow from left to right is more input to output (combined with user interface to internal interface). The idea is not only show how the parts are connected to to try and show how it works. It may even help with troubleshooting their radio. We learned quite a bit about how the radio works by redrawing the schematics.

We hope all our typos and 'missed parts' were found. If you find any errors or typos, let us know via the (tr)uSDX Forum.

It is for the advancement and promotion of the Hobby to the community that we make this contribution for all other current and potential enthusiasts into the Art of Amateur Radio that we make this selfless contribution.

The file size is 825KB and too large to upload to the Forum. So, is available in the Facebook group (tr)uSDX - files area and on my Google Drive.

Admin EDIT:

Removed Link because of license violation. Please contact me before publishing something like this.

Manuel DL2MAN
wa2t

Re: Schematics - redrawn for clarity

Post by wa2t »

Awesome guys! Well done!

Robert, WA2T