operations button do not work correctly

KM4TRT

operations button do not work correctly

Post by KM4TRT »

I'm having the most frustrating time with the operations buttons.
Whenever I turn my uSDX on, everything works fine at first. Let's say I'm talking on 20 m.
Then I decide I want to cruise up the band faster and change the step range from 1k to 100. I click menu, then navigate withthe encoder to 1k. Click to activate, rotate to change to 100, click to reset. Then the trouble starts.
When I hit enter to get back to the main screen, sometimes nothing happens. Then I click it
two or three times and it goes on RIT. Then I click it again and some times it goes back
to main screen but some times it goes to VFO b instead of VFO a or lower side band.
Eventually I get back to operating, but not until I go back up the tree and reset usb or
some other parameter. Sometimes I hit the menu button again and it comes back-other times not.
Any one having these types of problems. If so where do I start-maybe resolder the buttons? or is this
a software glitch?
Andy KM4TRT
LearningLots

Re: operations button do not work correctly

Post by LearningLots »

My two week old tr usdx has similar issues BUT I believe the problem is mostly me. The length of time one presses the buttons varies what actually happens. In my unit the difference between a short press and a longer press is quite small. I have to concentrate hard when I press to get the press I really want. I wish the difference between the presses was longer. The more I use it the less I get RIT or menu or something other than what I want.
Not much help for you but misery loves company.
KM4TRT

Re: operations button do not work correctly

Post by KM4TRT »

Thanks for replying.
I went back and tried different combinations of pressing, but still seems pretty random.
I pressed and got to RTTY then pressed and back to 20 m but changed from usb to lsb, then pressed
and went to 40 m. ARRRGH. (Thats a technical howl)
Andy KM4TRT