Add call sign

madmike

Add call sign

Post by madmike »

Hi, I missed an email asking for my call sign when I ordered my true uSDX from newdiytech, Sunny Yang an approved seller. So my radio doesn't have my call sign. Is there a fairly easy, straightforward way to add my WA1MAD call sign to my radio via USB? Thanks, Mike
W3SI

Re: Add call sign

Post by W3SI »

Hi Mike,

Manuel does a fine job explaining "exactly" how to use the USB port and update/install firmware and change/input your callsign in the (tr)uSDX build instructoons. Please refer to those to see how it is done.
Bill -W3SI
madmike

Post by madmike »

Well, I followed the steps and things were looking good until I connected the true uSDX. neither the win 7 netbook or the win 10 laptop computer recognied the rig when plugged into any of the USB ports. The netbook shows only lpt1,2,3 and usb device manager shows nothing. The HP win 10 laptop shows a com 3 and again nothing from my uSDX in device manager. I'm sure it's something I'm missing in the settings. someone mentioned fuse setting whatever that is.
w3fis

Post by w3fis »

You need to download and install the proper driver for the port. Information here someplace on this forum.
madmike

Post by madmike »

After many attempts and following the instructions, I downloaded a different (to my old eyes) link and it showed a port 4 and everything worked. Whew!!! Thanks for the suggestions.