Manual CAT text needs

N6JSX

Manual CAT text needs

Post by N6JSX »

Info that needs to be added to the Manual under 'CAT' in hard printed text and not just in a video (we must reply many times to get the specifics needed).

i.e. [Win10 OS ;) ]
......Comm=#, get from Device Driver for CH340 port
......38400:8:1:N,
......DTR=high,
......RTS=low,
......PTT=CAT

I found using K3/KX3 rig is similar for SDX, works grand (most of the above comm is setup for SDX).

I was able to connect to HRD and flrig programs but ONLY the frequency was read/updating. N1MM is a mystery to operate as the setup did nothing but require a redirect to Fldigi for CW (that didn't really work, yet).

Using the flrig CONFIG Tab and sub-functions TRACE & POLL I was able to see the data queries to the SDX were not answered (likely due to different variable names).
If SDX would add to its program a statement list of "SDX variable=HRD/flrig common-variable-function-name" these Rig control programs could be used with the SDX. flrig(FLRIG) is just so nice and compact but yet very functional.

de N6JSX/8, :? MS-EET, [HAM for +50yrs]
LILO

Re: Manual CAT text needs

Post by LILO »

38400 8-N-1
n4rg

Re: Manual CAT text needs

Post by n4rg »

I have been working with flrig and here is what I have found:
The TS-480 emulation is basic. It ONLY reads VFO A, Mode and CAT PTT.....There doesn't appear to be a way to control the CW portion thru CAT.

I am in the process of using hamlib, using a GPIO port (Pin 1) to run the CW portion of flrig....

I'll keep you posted.

Herb
N4RG