Classical and High Bands Boards now Available for sale !

elTrauko

Re: Classical and High Bands Boards now Available for sale !

Post by elTrauko »

I just saw that high and classic bands are already available on Aliexpress

https://goo.su/qItfgT
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Yeah, Guido was friendly enough to check everything, this time. Thank you Guido !

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
DM6JKC

Post by DM6JKC »

Hello, ich habe über eBay ein (tr)uSDX bestellt und mit der Serien-Nr.: 4C30504B5331152821 geliefert bekommen.
Frage: Welche Bänder sind implementiert, Lo, Lhi, Classic?

Danke
73 de Joachim, DM6JKC

Hello, I ordered a (tr)uSDX via eBay and received it with the serial number: 4C30504B5331152821.
Question: What bands are implemented, Lo, Lhi, Classic?

Thanks
73 de Joachim, DM6JKC
LILO

Post by LILO »

All assembled units are Lo version.
KO4VNX

Post by KO4VNX »

Okay, so, just for clarification... I purchased my (tr)uSDX on November 2nd, 2022, using this eBay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134061787836?var=433503287865

Can you just confirm which board is in this? I'm hoping the classic. I had no plans of opening the case, but if that is necessary, just tell me what to look for to know which board is in this one. I just updated the firmware, and it gives me an option for high, low or classic, and I'm hoping I can do classic. Thank you!!!

Oh, if it helps, my serial number is:

4C30504B5331152915
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

it is funny to read you have bought a trx not knowing for which bands it works :)
Just have a look at the ebay item you mentioned above... i think reading is yours....

73 de Chris

P.S.: DL2MAN and PE1NNZ are not selling and get nothing from the commercial sellers for their work,
Manuel and Guido did and do everything for us on no cost, for free to us!
Your seller only showed that he offers the Kit in good quality to DL2MAN no more no less...
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
KO4VNX

Post by KO4VNX »

dl6sez wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 10:11 Hello OM,

it is funny to read you have bought a trx not knowing for which bands it works :)
Just have a look at the ebay item you mentioned above... i think reading is yours....

73 de Chris

P.S.: DL2MAN and PE1NNZ are not selling and get nothing from the commercial sellers for their work,
Manuel and Guido did and do everything for us on no cost, for free to us!
Your seller only showed that he offers the Kit in good quality to DL2MAN no more no less...
Dl2MAN and PE1NNZ, and really all of you here are very easy to understand... the seller posted a description of the board that shows Hi and Classic Band, but then they had a comment that said Lo, so it was confusing. PE1NNZ responded right away and cleared it up for me, but yes, you are right, and even though it isn't Classic, it will do what I need it to do, which is fantastic!!!
PA4VA (Arjen)

Post by PA4VA (Arjen) »

Hi,

A question from a newbe:

I have a truSDX and would like to change it to the "classical" bands.
What do I need to do to change the bands in the "software"?

Kind regards and 73
Arjen
HB9HJF

Post by HB9HJF »

If you have a different radio board with the different class-E amp and the different filters, then the change in the software is in menu 8.7.

If you do not have the radio board, then (fairly obviously) changing the band config will not work.
-- Cathal Ferris.
Paddler, pedaller, stargazer, nerd.
Wiggler of electrons both in silicon and in the ether.
tim-n-tn

Post by tim-n-tn »

For the electronically inept, will these be offered as an assembled unit at some point?
elTrauko

Post by elTrauko »

It's for anyone...you just have to solder a few components and assemble the toroids.
KD8ZM

Post by KD8ZM »

I am interested in ordering a Classic Band model but was not able to tell if the $93.00 price includes the case, or not. Can someone please clarify this? TY
Brady
elTrauko

Post by elTrauko »

https://tinyurl.com/5dvsbj6v

In the authorized site on Aliexpress it is very clear, us$86 without box, us$138 with box
guyactual

Post by guyactual »

Fairly new to building radios and soldering, and just wanted to make sure I understand the Classic Board as purchased. I will not need to remove any of the surface mounted resisters, only add the components that are included in the kit (Create/solder the toroids, Relays, Jacks, etc.)

Not that I'm not willing to try replacing SMDs, just making sure I understand what to do.

Thank you in advanced,

Guy
Assumption is the mother of all f*** ups :!: :lol:
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

it is not a kit for somebody with no soldering practice and has small solder joints,
you should know how to solder and have at least done some other easier solder jobs.
The toroids also have to be tweaked not only soldered in with measuring output power and best practice using nanoVNA for adjusting harmonic notch to get a good working long lasting (tr)uSDX.
My advice is go to a Ham with experience in these things ant do it under help from this person ;)

73 de Chris
guyactual

Post by guyactual »

it is not a kit for somebody with no soldering practice and has small solder joints,
you should know how to solder and have at least done some other easier solder jobs.
The toroids also have to be tweaked not only soldered in with measuring output power and best practice using nanoVNA for adjusting harmonic notch to get a good working long lasting (tr)uSDX.
I have built a couple of QRP Digital rigs from QRPGuys (Mainly the QRPGuys 40/30/20m DSB Digital Transceiver II Kit.. 3 of them) which only required the soldering of one Surface Mount Device (The v.2 version with the SMD Mixer). That's my only concern. I have some experience in soldering, just not 10 year + which would make me an expert or anything. I have wound plenty of toroids and use the nanoVNA as well as my other tools (Rigexpert 230, Oscilloscope, Multimeters, etc).

I just wanted to know if I need to replace any of the surface mounted resistors around the different tuning areas? My thinking is no, which means I can just start winding, soldering, tuning, and then heading forward, OR if I need to hunt down the proper resisters to replace. (Yes those were consolidated steps for the sake of being brief.)

So if anyone could answer the one question I had, that would be awesome.

Thanks again,
Guy B
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

your question sounded like you are a noob in the soldering and diy electronics hobby,
so what else should i advice to you?
Please be a little more precise with your questions and also a little bit polite to answerers which
invested time to answer you :)

Yes you don't have to do SMD work only small standard solder pads, and for sure you will manage it :)

You also could have got this answer if you look at the diy video Manuel DL2MAN did for all to see what is to be done ;)

73 de Chris
guyactual

Post by guyactual »

You also could have got this answer if you look at the diy video Manuel DL2MAN did for all to see what is to be done ;)
- I didn't know the had done a video where he completes the Classic Board. I've only seen the one where he covers the standard kit. If you have a link to that, it would be appreciated, as I could not find it when searching.

I would not call myself a noob, but my Elmer has about 50 years in radio, so by comparison I'm fairly new. Thank you for your response, its much appreciated.
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Hi,

I didn´t do a separate video for high or classical bands, as it is exactly the same procedure as low bands, exept for
- color of toroids
- number of turns on toroids
- you even do not need to solder 3x BS170s as it comes with 1 FDT86256 pre-soldered.
- T2 mod is now standard in hi/classical schematic, but also recommanded for lo bands version
viewtopic.php?t=395
Every Kit from Sunny comes with a small instruction sheet and a printed schematic, matching your PCB.
And besides the points mentioned: Assembly of the kit is 100% identical.

Tuning procedure is more critical on the high bands, and it´s easier to lose your FET´s if you mess up there.
But once again: Procedure is the exact same, just the frequencies change ;)

73 Manuel, DL2MAN