Contest CW with (tr)uSDX

ok1if

Contest CW with (tr)uSDX

Post by ok1if »

Hi Manuel. I'm a new TCVR (tr)uSDX owner and let me give this build a shout out. It is almost impossible what can be done with an 8-bit processor and a 10-bit A/D converter. I took basic measurements and posted on my site:
http://ok1if.c-a-v.com/
I bought the TCVR through Aliexpress from the company you recommend. Everything was set up great. As part of the testing, I also made a few recordings and attempts in the tests. E.g. in the following recordings you can hear what I hear in the headphones and it is possible to compare it with the signal from the SDR receiver OK1KPU. It seemed to me that the AGC time constant was long (on CW) so I had the AGC OFF. Mostly set BW 200Hz Volume 11, ATT -13dB. Keying took place via a USB cable to the keying input. Here I wanted to draw your attention to the quality of listening. In headphones, the listening tone is about as if I keyed on a mechanical Bug (irregular dots with clicks. Meanwhile, the output signal according to the second recording is perfect with a perfect shape progression. If you are collecting subjects for further improvement, then this is a crucial thing for CW operators. Thanks again for a fantastic TCVR.

Milan OK1IF (OL4W)

Sorry my record are more like 250kB. Maybe look on my web.