US Group Buy Round 2 (WildMcQ Led) ***FULL***

WildMcQ

US Group Buy Round 2 (WildMcQ Led) ***FULL***

Post by WildMcQ »

For this round and moving forward I will be trying to work through batches of 50 kits. Please fill out the form below to establish the priority order for all future group buys that I conduct. I am re-sorting this list as I am trying to combine people from Manuel's website, the [uSDX] Groups.io, and the previous group buy.

This second round will come with:

-Mainboard and RF Boards ordered from JLCPCB
*(with as many SMD parts mounted as possible)
-Missing SMD Parts Sourced from Mouser, Digikey or LCSC
-Ports and Pin Headers
-Screen
-Rotary Encoder
-Enamel Wire and Required Toroids
-3D printed PETG Housing
-Shipping to you!

This kit would require FULL ASSEMBLY and PROGRAMMING

I will sort the list and request payment from the top 50 kits worth of buyers in a few days. After 48 hours if any parties have not responded I will sort them to the bottom of the list and inform anyone on the waitlist. So if you are on the waitlist please check your emails, there are a ton of moving parts with this and I my aim is get these groups processed as quickly as I can.

Once I have received funds for the group buy I will begin the process of shopping JLCPCB for a kit with as many mounted parts as possible. Following this I can order any remaining parts from the suppliers I have sourced.

When parts arrive (and cases have finished printing) I will sort and ship your kit. I am still unsure of the timeline for this process though I will keep the discord posted for each group buy.

Prices for these kits are subject to massive swings due to parts availability and subsequent price volatility. Additionally, shipping costs from China, transaction fees, and my lovely State's taxes forced me to raise the price of these kits slightly, though rest assured my wife is still quite annoyed that I'm attempting to honor the open source nature of this project!

WildMcQ Led US Group Buy Priority Form

For this round (and ideally moving forward unless parts prices drop significantly) prices will be as follows:

Round 2 Kit Prices:
1 kit ---- $90
2 kits -- $170
3 kits -- $250
4 kits -- $320

Once I have filled out 50 orders I will send an email to all parties that the current round has filled. Any information collected will be used as the priority list for future group buys that I conduct. Following the close of the round I will email any members of Group 2 payment information to begin the process of collecting funds and processing the waitlist.

I have provided documentation of the parts intended to be purchased and the prices. Any discrepancy is to ensure that unexpected shipping costs or parts volatility are covered. Discussion on this topic or any others is open on the group buy discord which is open to all with a link provided below.

WildMcQ Led US Group Buy Discord

Thank you everyone for your interest in making this group buy happen, this is one of the last big steps before we can get these kits in your hands!

Will McHugh

**Once I have created a final priority list I will post it here and at the beginning of any subsequent group buys. I apologize for having so many forms, this should be the last time any individual will need to sign up with me going forward!
VA3HF

Re: US Group Buy Round 2 (WildMcQ Led)

Post by VA3HF »

Will, are you accepting orders from outside of USA? Your $90 US complete kit sounds very reasonable especially if you can ship it with USPS to Canada so brokerage fees are avoided. The Canada group buy has been going for 2 months now and no response on when it will close or proceed.

I have a US address that I ship to in normal times but unable to do that with the border crossing problems now.

You might get a lot more Canadians asking if the Canadian Group has no actions.....

Harold, VA3HF
Sarnia Ontario Canada (5 minutes from Port Huron, Michigan before COVID ).

Update:
Canada Group Buy is going with an almost completed radio instead of the original plan following Manuel's boards and parts. I personally like assembling parts on boards.
Will said yes if you are willing to pay a little more for shipping using USPS postal service.
WildMcQ

Post by WildMcQ »

This group buy is now filled.
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Thank you so much for your contribution and effort, Will !
I will lock this thread and Mark it as FULL.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN