Pictures of the toroids wanted (Winding questions)

DO4PW

Pictures of the toroids wanted (Winding questions)

Post by DO4PW »

Hello guys,
I am new so I want to say hello to all of you.

I have some trouble to understand the winding of the 3 black toroids, especially the one wire go straight trough?
Can someone maybe help me with a photo of the toroid, or better a video if existing. (Did not found one where this is 100% clear)

And am I right I have to wind the amount of windings like in the shematic for my board (ckassic bands) and that’s all modification to use classic bands instead of the “normal” ones?

73 best wishes
DO4PW
s57l

Re: Pictures of the toroids wanted (Winding questions)

Post by s57l »

hi
if you ever did this before, this is super clear:
viewtopic.php?t=395
third black toroid is just a simple coil, basically as many turns as you can put in the toroid that they do not overlap...

for changing the band configuration, you need to change all the filters, that is toroid windings (on yellow/red toroids) and capacitors, and also change it in the menu.
changing capacitors makes no sense, you need to get different rf board with correct capacitors presoldered.

if you skim through the forum, i think these thing are very well covered many times...

all the best, gl with assembly
janko s57l
DO4PW

Post by DO4PW »

Hello Janko,

Thanks for your reply.
I know that pictures but also there I can not see how exactly the winding is going through it.
Maybe I am a little bit blind :D
Do is just put one piece of wire and not winding it trough the toroid?
And in the link you sent me there is also a picture of a toroid where they did many winding, while in the video it sais straight trough if I am right.

I am a bit wondered, maybe someone can help me to clear that one.

73 DO4PW, Philipp
LILO

Post by LILO »

DO4PW wrote: 11 Sep 2022, 06:48 Hello Janko,

Thanks for your reply.
I know that pictures but also there I can not see how exactly the winding is going through it.
Maybe I am a little bit blind :D
Do is just put one piece of wire and not winding it trough the toroid?
And in the link you sent me there is also a picture of a toroid where they did many winding, while in the video it sais straight trough if I am right.

I am a bit wondered, maybe someone can help me to clear that one.

73 DO4PW, Philipp
Originally T2 is 1:7. But for better efficiency could be changed to 3:21.
fred59

Post by fred59 »

DO4PW wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 22:05 Hello guys,
I am new so I want to say hello to all of you.

I have some trouble to understand the winding of the 3 black toroids, especially the one wire go straight trough?
Can someone maybe help me with a photo of the toroid, or better a video if existing. (Did not found one where this is 100% clear)

And am I right I have to wind the amount of windings like in the shematic for my board (ckassic bands) and that’s all modification to use classic bands instead of the “normal” ones?

73 best wishes
DO4PW
Hello Philipp,
send me an eMail and you will get a photo of T1 windet an build in.
mycall at darc.de
Photos to big to be attached
fred
dl4nax