eBay sales?

Amham

eBay sales?

Post by Amham »

Hi, Just purchased via the recommended eBay authorized sales agent. Is there any issues I should be aware of with the assembled unit, current production design, parts, firmware, quality, etc. When asking questions of the vendor they must have trouble with English as I receive incomplete and poorly formed responses. Thanks
LILO

Re: eBay sales?

Post by LILO »

ki4syr

Post by ki4syr »

Purchased mine from ebay distributor a little over a month ago. Works perfect, even put my callsign in properly (left callsign as message to seller when purchased). I highly recommend them. Took about two weeks to make it to the east coast of US.
Amham

Post by Amham »

ki4syr wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 22:36 Purchased mine from ebay distributor a little over a month ago. Works perfect, even put my callsign in properly (left callsign as message to seller when purchased). I highly recommend them. Took about two weeks to make it to the east coast of US.
Did you need to use boot loader or was it "plug and play" with provided call sign? Thanks for comment.
ki4syr

Post by ki4syr »

Was ready to go when received. I also purchased the 14500 (AA) battery pack which mounted nicely to the unit. Three good 14500 batteries, a little soldering for the power plug and I was on the air within 15 minutes.

I'm using Vapcell L10 (1050mah) batteries and they last a long time. I've only charged them once from moderate use, just to see how depleted they were, about 70% left. I've also purchased a 18650 holder and some Samsung 30Q (3000mah) as a backup for field use. I have plenty of these 30Q's around, used for flashlights.
Amham

Post by Amham »

ki4syr wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 21:16 Was ready to go when received. I also purchased the 14500 (AA) battery pack which mounted nicely to the unit. Three good 14500 batteries, a little soldering for the power plug and I was on the air within 15 minutes.

I'm using Vapcell L10 (1050mah) batteries and they last a long time. I've only charged them once from moderate use, just to see how depleted they were, about 70% left. I've also purchased a 18650 holder and some Samsung 30Q (3000mah) as a backup for field use. I have plenty of these 30Q's around, used for flashlights.
Received my transceiver yesterday. All complete with my call sign pre-programmed. Appears to be working 100% with power output greater than 5W+ at 13.2 Volts. Now the fun begins!