My (tr)uSDX still broken no rx/tx

M0ICR

My (tr)uSDX still broken no rx/tx

Post by M0ICR »

Hi all,

I could really do with some help please!

After a few months distracted by family things I have now had time to relook at my broken (tr)uSDX.

Previously it worked fine (some of you may have seen my video of it on rx and tx on Youtube).

Anyway, on rehousing it a few months ago I think I managed to misalign the two boards when connecting them together.

Syptoms:
- No RX / No TX
- OLED starts up correctly with expected text, all buttons work fine and radio.
- Testing with USB power at the moment (measures 5.02V).
- On CW TX the radio indicates c1.2W output and SWR of 1:1 (dummy load connected) but 0 Watts detected on my power meter. With an antenna connected I can not hear any signals when I transmit (yes I checked I am on not PRACTICE!) on a seperate tcvr (FT817).
- No RX at all, only the very faintest of hisses - no signals detected when I insert a signals from sig gen.
- Same across all HF Bands.

Tried:
So far I have replaced the BS170s, checked for any visually damaged components and solder bridges. No change. Worried that it could be the 5351 (I hope not as I don't have the skills to replace it!).

Any thoughts would be very welcome.

M0ICR, London, England m0icr@live.com
hisonauto@gmail.com

Re: My (tr)uSDX still broken no rx/tx

Post by hisonauto@gmail.com »

Hi. friend. You can contact your seller to help you.thanks
M0ICR

Re: My (tr)uSDX still broken no rx/tx

Post by M0ICR »

Thank you. The radio was purchased through the second UK Group Buy, unfortunately the amateur who kindly made the group buy possible is unable to help.

Can anyone else offer advice or suggest where I may be able to purchase a replacement main board please?

Alternatively, is there anyone who lives locally (London, UK) who may be able to have a look at the (suspected) damaged board please?

73, Carl M0ICR (m0icr@live.com)