Leftover TQFP-32 ATMEGA328Ps available

M0WDV

Leftover TQFP-32 ATMEGA328Ps available

Post by M0WDV »

Hi,

I significantly over-ordered microcontrollers for my radio club's (tr)uSDX group buy earlier this year (I wanted to be sure of getting enough working MCUs as I was dubious about the provenance of these parts; in the end I needn't have worried, only a couple of the MCUs were faulty), so I've now put the surplus on eBay. The price is the same as I paid for the MCUs, plus a little extra to cover costs:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204114186134

If anyone here is interested in these for their (tr)uSDX group buy, please contact me directly (my contact details are on QRZ.com) and I will be happy to pull the unsold items from eBay and sell for £5 each, plus postage.

These were ordered from China, and I don't think they are genuine Atmel parts - I reckon the're clones, as they all have the same internal serial number.

However, they seem to work fine, and the members of my radio club have successfully built working (tr)uSDX transceivers with them.

Dav M0WDV
VA3HF

Re: Leftover TQFP-32 ATMEGA328Ps available

Post by VA3HF »

Those cloned 328P chips may be blocked from uploading any future firmware updates. Manuel said he was blocking those clone chip addresses from downloading the firmware because of that Chinese supplier selling the unauthorized Nanorig versions of TruSDX. I'm in your position too because I replaced one of my 328P from an Arduino Uno R3 compatible board I had and those weren't real Atmel chips. (lots of F's in the serial number - 58FFDFFFDFFFFFFFFF)

This was my first experience with fake chips.

Suspect performance of these fake Atmel chips make not be as good as the real Atmel chips when used in the radio application.