Replacement Mic

km4ezk

Replacement Mic

Post by km4ezk »

Hi all,

I think I may have dumped too much heat into my microphone when soldering it cause my ssb audio is pretty bad. I'm looking for a replacement part ideally from mouser, but everything I've found appears to be back ordered. Could any of you possibly provide a link from a supplier that can ship from the U.S. so I don't need to wait on a mic to come from over seas?

Sorry, this is something of a noob request. I've just not been having any luck in finding a mic supplier in the U.S. with equivalent specs.
Ohwenzelph

Re: Replacement Mic

Post by Ohwenzelph »

Consider digikey 102-6547-ND
58 cents
Plus fees: 6 cents "tariff" and $4.99 to mail it to you!
(maybe get more than one, just in case. They have No bs170's but they do have fdt86256's...)
km4ezk

Re: Replacement Mic

Post by km4ezk »

Ohwenzelph wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 19:08 Consider digikey 102-6547-ND
58 cents
Plus fees: 6 cents "tariff" and $4.99 to mail it to you!
(maybe get more than one, just in case. They have No bs170's but they do have fdt86256's...)
Thanks I'll give those a shot. Also picked up a cheap baofeng mic to cannibalize for an external mic/speaker. I was looking at mouser specifically cause they seem to have the same model bs170s as in the spec. Fortunately it doesn't seem that I have blown those (yet), so maybe that will be an order for another day if I don't keep track and accidentally key up too long on the wrong band on a particularly badly tuned antenna.