Posted new 1.0(n) schematics to Facebook (tr)uSDX group

RichardB

Posted new 1.0(n) schematics to Facebook (tr)uSDX group

Post by RichardB »

I have uploaded updated schematics to the Facebook (tr)uSDX group; version 1.0(n). If desired, they can be added to the (tr)uSDX webpages.

With the release of two RF board kits, 'high' and 'classic', schematics were updated to included separate schematics for each of the RF boards. Several other changes where made as well. Hope everyone finds this helpful.

Proof read the schematics a couple of times; hopefully all errors have been corrected. But with two new schematics some may have gotten by. Please let me know if any errors are found.

Some of the changes:
* Added color of toroid to each coil/transformer.
* Created full RF board schematic sheets for each of the three bands. Each sheet shows the LPF filter values for that band; including proper toriods used and their color code. (That was a bit of work).
* On RF board schematics, changed T2 from original '1:7 ratio' to modified '3:21 ratio'.
* RF board; Added notation to T1 and T2 clarifying number of turns on each winding.
* On main board schematic, fixed C24 and C30; incorrectly specified as 100n, should be 1n.
* Moved some text and part placement to improve readability and appearance.
* Added some notes to aid understanding parts placement, but trying to avoid becoming an assembly manual which would be a completely different document.
DL2MAN

Re: Posted new 1.0(n) schematics to Facebook (tr)uSDX group

Post by DL2MAN »

Thanks again for keeping up the great work !
I´ve updated it on my page as well.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
HB9HJF

Re: Posted new 1.0(n) schematics to Facebook (tr)uSDX group

Post by HB9HJF »

Editor note: Spelling mistake (trivial of importance).

Page 7; section on "Simplified Filter Design"; line 5 word 4; "concidered" should be "considered"

Nothing else popped out when I was unintentionally wearing my unfortunately over-active copyeditor hat when looking at this doc.

Nice doc though.

-Cathal
-- Cathal Ferris.
Paddler, pedaller, stargazer, nerd.
Wiggler of electrons both in silicon and in the ether.