replacement parts for the (tr)usdx

absteen

replacement parts for the (tr)usdx

Post by absteen »

Greetings.
I recently completed my (tr)usdx and it looks great. Unfortunately when I put pwer to it I got audio but no display. I dissasembled the radio to check solder joints etc and found no errors. I ordered two new displays that while I think they will work but they are only blue. I noticed that I cut the pins on the male board connectors (sandwich header) maybe a little short. I went ahead and removed them but messed them up in the process(even with a great powered solder remover). I cannot find the same headers anywhere. all of the many that I have are too thick. I ordered some round pin headers from Amazon but they are too thick also. I would like to get some spare parts if possible. I would like an original oled display and a set of headers for joining the two boards. Thanks.
dl6sez

Re: replacement parts for the (tr)usdx

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

you know DL2MAN or PE1NNZ are not selling the (tr)uSDX?
It is normally a Kit and and the standard way to buy it in a group buy with a self organized group....
I don't know what or from whom you have bought your (tr)uSDX, but the only thing is replace the broken things by your seller, if you bought it from a commercial seller, or try to change the Oled by yourself!
Nearly any Oled of the same size has the same controller and works as replacement. Have a look at the Pins where Vdd, Gnd, SDA and SCL is. They are sometimes different.
....and if blue is not your wanted Colour so simply buy a grey/white one!

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
absteen

Post by absteen »

Thanks Chris for the info. The headers I need are the ones connecting the two boards. They have to be thin enough to fit the original case. The box says (tr)uSDX by PE1NNZ and DL2MAN. I believe it is made in China but I theink I purchased it through the DL2MAN website. I did replace the OLED already no problem.
Thanks.
Andrew
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Hello Andrew,

a group buy has nothing to do with DL2MAN as a seller..... A person or a few persons start a group buy here wich is normally ordered by these starters at JLCPCB in China, and one can get in and than get a Kit....
Manuel or Guido are not selling anything. They gave and give us there experience, Software and Hardware for free, still help us with new solutions for errors and new improved Software, without any profit made by them! Start was more than 2 years ago with µSDX....
Only Ham Radio Spirit! The Chinese seller does not pay anything of his profit to them.
Manuel approves all official sellers if they stay with the Kit in his specs. He also does this for free...
So i hope you know realized that you are using a non-profit device from PE1NNZ and DL2MAN!
It is not free to copy it, but can be commercially sold if approved by DL2MAN.
And, yes the big And at the end, it is not comparable with a commercial bought Kit or a TRX like the others from Yaesu, ICOM, Kenwood et al., it needs always adjustment and some additionak steps to be done by the buyer, also if you buy a Chinese made "ready" approvec device.

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
Murphyv310

Post by Murphyv310 »

While I agree with the comments regarding Manuel and Guido the OP has asked a question re the headers of where to buy. I also had an issue with them and it's taken three months to find them and four attempts.
I will post a link later.
Regards, Trevor. MM0KJJ
Murphyv310

Post by Murphyv310 »

Here are the ones you require.
£1.35 39%OFF | 5 Pieces 40Pin Connector Header Round Needle Gold Plated 1x40 Golden Pin Single Row Male 2.54mm Breakable Pin Connector Strip
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mt6eAlq
Regards, Trevor. MM0KJJ