A question about displaying call sign or truSDX

storyofyouandme

A question about displaying call sign or truSDX

Post by storyofyouandme »

Hello, everyone. I encountered a problem. When downloading firmware to fill in the call sign, the upper case call sign can be displayed but the case cannot be changed. If the call sign is not filled in, nothing will be displayed. How can trUSDX be displayed like DL2MAN? Like DLAMAN, such letters are lowercase before and uppercase after.

Thank you very much for your reply.

73 :D
storyofyouandme

Re: A question about displaying call sign or truSDX

How many DBMs does your TRUSDX display when it is not connected to the antenna? I observed that most people's DBM is - 100 DBM, and mine is - 90 DBM. I adjusted the final value repeatedly to - 101 DBM. I think the DL2's DBM is S8, which should be about - 130 DBM. Is there a good adjustment method?
AC9YY

Post by AC9YY »

S8 is -79 dBm. https://hamwaves.com/decibel/en/
S2-3 on meter connected to a dummy load.
storyofyouandme

Thank you very much for your reply. I got S1 and S8 in the wrong order. My machine is not connected to the antenna at - 101 DBM, that is, S4. How to adjust it to reach your S2-S3? Thank you.
AC9YY

Post by AC9YY »

storyofyouandme wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 14:08 Thank you very much for your reply. I got S1 and S8 in the wrong order. My machine is not connected to the antenna at - 101 DBM, that is, S4. How to adjust it to reach your S2-S3? Thank you.
Did you do the display mod, most likely source of noise I can think of. On 20 meters on one of my units I read -108dBm on 20 meters USB. For CW it reads -107 dBm. I tested the accuracy of the meter for dBm with an S9 source I have and it read -50 dBm (20 over S9 shown on S meter) which is too high and should read -73 dBm.
storyofyouandme

Received. Thank you. Your machine - 108 DBM is good. I don't have a corresponding measuring instrument here, but I heard from other HAMs that their machines are tested with signal sources, and the acceptance sensitivity is - 100DBM, but the screen display may be higher than the actual, for example, the display - 120 is actually - 100. The charge pump has not been removed from the display screen of my machine, so I will try to remove it later. Thank you again.