Current status of instruction for LO type

Max

Current status of instruction for LO type

Post by Max »

Hi,
I'm new to the (tr)uSDX as I find the idea behind it very amazing. I bought a kit from Sunny and wonding what's the latest version of instructions.
Originaly I just wanted to know which values the inductances need to have an found now several threads about mods and also that the scheatics have different info than the attached sheet of paper.

Can anyone tell me which is the latest version of winding instructions?
Thanks, 73, Max
73 de Max
dl6sez

Re: Current status of instruction for LO type

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

there are no real mods for (tr)uSDX, Manuel DL2MAN changed T2 windings and one can do this if she/he wants to do. It only improves the efficiency a little bit, due to lower heating in T2.
Your LPF toroids have to be tuned after you used the standard windings found in your manual from Sunny! All toroids and windings have more or less slight differences. This comes from the cores itself and a mayor effect is your own winding practice....
When you have done all Ls on the RF PCB and everything works, eg. you did nothing wrong ;), you can start with improving output power and efficiency by tuning the windings on the toroid cores as Manuel shows in his video for this topic.
Have a sharper look at the topics here in the forum, there are only solutions for errors due to lack of components or bad different components.....

Just do the Kit as Manuel shows in his video where he explains how to mount all parts of the kit :)

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
Max

Post by Max »

Hello Chris,
thanks for your answer. Ok that's good to know and I wound them according Sunny's instructions.
Those were my measurements (measure freq. 10kHz)

I have another question to T2 which is not clear to me and I couldn't see it in the video. Do I need to spread the 3 windings in between the others or do I just put them above each unter in the lower part of the core?

If I'm finished I'll tuning the windings as shown in Maunels video.

L11,L32 - 0,5µH, 0,48µH -10T
L12 - 0,23µH -7T
L21,L42 - 0,66µH, 0,69µH -12T
L22 - 0,25µH - 8T
L31 - 1,06µH - 15T
L41 - 1,26µH - 17T
L51 - 1,62µH - 19T
L52 - 1,02µH - 15Z
L15 - 206µH - 22T

Thanks you, 73, Max

Edit: I have also another question, why is the mod on the OLED neded?
73 de Max
Luca66

Post by Luca66 »

The modification of the oled is necessary to eliminate the noise generated by the oled itself.
Make the change exactly as described on the site.
Don't try to get more brilliance by increasing the voltage.
Otherwise you will get the opposite effect. After a few months the oled will turn off.
That's what happened to me. So if you search the forum for my posts you will find this kind of information.
73 Luca