Toroid information

Jan PA3GGZ

Toroid information

Post by Jan PA3GGZ »

Yesterday I received the parts for the lo version of the (tr)uSDX from the official supplier on ebay. In the box I found a small paper with the winding details for all toroids. They are different from the schematic I found on the website. What should I do?

73, de Jan PA3GGZ
Max

Re: Toroid information

Post by Max »

Hello Jan,

I just asked that myself and got this as a reply
viewtopic.php?t=728
Maybe that help you as well
73 de Max
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Can you please Show whats different?

I assume, Sunnys team experimented with their supply of toroids and came up with different amount of Turns for best Performance.

This might save you some Tuning effort.

But to be Sure, i need to See the difference.

Anyway: If you follow my instructions and tweak/tune Afterwards you will end Up with a rig within Specs.

73 Manuel DL2MAN
Max

Post by Max »

Hi Manuel,

with Sunny's kit I can also help as I also just received it. That's what was included in my package
I measured the values at 10khz
lotrusdx.jpg
lotrusdx.jpg (153.89 KiB) Viewed 971 times
73 de Max
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Hi,

I could spot a single deviation from my Schematic. L52, where I give 14T while Sunny says 15T.

I have no Idea why. Either it´s a mistake or she found out, second harmonic notch was more accurate this way. (with the Toroids, she is supplying - My Values were determined for Amidon Toroids)

Besides that, she has only changed T2 from 1:7 to 3:21. T2 Mod, as described here:
viewtopic.php?t=395
This mod has made it into Classic and Hi Bands Schematic as "default", but I did not touch the Lo Bands Schematic since release. But I do suggest 3:21 for T2.

Nothing to worry about. Either way: You will end up with a working rig, if you wind according to any of those 2 Instructions. But you need to tweak filters either way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN7hHsvcNMM

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
Max

Post by Max »

Thanks Manuel for your clarification :idea:
73 de Max