Power-on odd behaviour.

Patrick52

Re: Power-on odd behaviour.

Post by Patrick52 »

Ok, well bearing in mind the advice to press on.....
I removed the Microphone and speaker.
I have cleaned the pcb in alcohol, sluiced with switch cleaner and left for a while.
I tried to detect the ATmega using USBASP and Avrdudess. The device on the SDX doesn't respond even to a simple device type request.

Checked the power rails and all ok.

Removed the display.

Repeated the above check. Nothing.

Connected my Arduino Mega to the USBASP and it reads the device fine from that.

Programmed the Arduino MEGA with the bootloader and tried to use it with SDX to see if that was the problem. No.

Next is to remove the ATMega 328 and see if there is a problem under the device.

Now to find a TQFP soldering iron tip......

I have a complete new kit coming from the recommended supplier in China.... so something to look forward to ;-)

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick52

Post by Patrick52 »

The new kit arrived from the approved supplier in China yesterday. Wow the difference in quality.
The soldering is great and the ATmega328 is clearly marked with the PB at the end. Better quality inter pcb connector. Gold plated pcb as well. All neatly packed in a plastic box.

So now for the build. :D
Best regards
Patrick
reytek79

Post by reytek79 »

Look here my tr usdx behaves like this, if I connect the 12v source plug and then turn on the source the tr usdx does not turn on, but if I leave the source on and connect the plug it turns on normally my bench source has 10A, I haven't done it yet test with batteries, but it behaves like this whenever I turn on the source with the plug already connected the tr usdx does not turn on I check the voltage with a multimeter on the board and it is ok 12v, but if I leave the source already connected and I turn on the plug with the source already connected it it works fine.
Patrick52

Post by Patrick52 »

Hi reytek79, who supplied your kit ?
regards
Patrick
reytek79

Post by reytek79 »

Patrick52 wrote: 13 Feb 2023, 19:25 Hi reytek79, who supplied your kit ?
regards
Patrick
It was purchased from China aliexpress official seller.