Keying not working ... bad connec?

xe1gxg

Keying not working ... bad connec?

Post by xe1gxg »

Hello!

I have found thatin plugging in my paddles, only the "dit" (left) function works. I used "2.1 Keyer Swap" to check, and same result: only the left paddle activates. I tried a different paddle. Same thing. Tried going from Iambic B to A. I am in straight key mode for now, with my old straight key.

BTW, at one point I had noticed on power up, even without a key connected, a series of "dahs" being emitted for a bit.

thanks for any help
Rob
ka7ple

Re: Keying not working ... bad connec?

Post by ka7ple »

You might crack it open and check to see if there is a solder bridge somewhere. Make sure that the plug itself is not damaged.
You also might try resetting the radio. Write down the frequency for the reference frequency Menu 8.3 and the R Shunt setting Menu 8.6. The reset will set these back to factory defaults. I don't know about any of the other settings, but I'm assuming those would be reset to factory defaults too So what ever else you have changed you might write those down too.
To reset it, hold down the Encoder and plug in the power.
Just a couple of things to try.

Good Luck.
DL2MAN

Re: Keying not working ... bad connec?

Post by DL2MAN »

xe1gxg wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 05:17 Hello!

I have found thatin plugging in my paddles, only the "dit" (left) function works. I used "2.1 Keyer Swap" to check, and same result: only the left paddle activates. I tried a different paddle. Same thing. Tried going from Iambic B to A. I am in straight key mode for now, with my old straight key.

BTW, at one point I had noticed on power up, even without a key connected, a series of "dahs" being emitted for a bit.

thanks for any help
Rob
Someone recently had the same issue, and in his case it was a bad 3,5mm socket.
He managed to bend the contacts back to working condition.
I would simply swap it out for a new socket.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN