(tr)uSDX Updated Built-in Speaker

Raydeeoh

(tr)uSDX Updated Built-in Speaker

Post by Raydeeoh »

Finally found time to finish my little integrated (tr)uSDX TRX. It has the same built-in speaker, but I included a PWR pushbutton toggle switch which turns on the radio, lights up a 3mm LED and charges the built-in AF amplified speaker internal battery, thus eliminating the need for the micro USB connector on the Lower Panel: one less thing.

When the radio is ON, the (tr)uSDX 5V rail powers the amplified speaker. The PWR pushbutton toggles a small FET latching switch which then passes 12V from the 5521 barrel jack just below the PA control jack. the Retevis speaker/mic combo works fine and when the dual 3.5mm plug is inserted, it disconnects audio feeding the built in speaker, of course. Sounds pretty decent IMHO. Check it out here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13GbJIj ... sp=sharing

This particular TRX has the Classic Bands board and works very well indeed. Thank you again Manuel and Guido!

NOTE: Although "DL2MAN/PE1NNZ" is not emblazoned on the faceplate, "(tr)uSDX by DL2MAN/PE1NNZ" is debossed on the top panel.

I have a "high bands" RF board and another main board - I may build a second TRX just to get 12m and 17m. We'll see...

Robert VE7ZN
Attachments
IMG_8124.jpg
IMG_8124.jpg (189.58 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
Excuse the dirty faceplate...
Excuse the dirty faceplate...
IMG_8123 (1).jpg (193.18 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
reytek79

Re: (tr)uSDX Updated Built-in Speaker

Post by reytek79 »

Congratulations friend for the designer, was it printed in 3d? would the project be free or commercial?
Raydeeoh

Post by Raydeeoh »

The case is 3D printed and the front panel is a black PCB with white silkscreen lettering. There is a bit of circuitry on the underside of the PCB for the LED, power supply and power switch and AF attenuation. I'm not selling anything - I did this for myself.
Attachments
(tr)uSDX SpkrFET PCB_Ver2Compressed.jpg
(tr)uSDX SpkrFET PCB_Ver2Compressed.jpg (193.36 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
reytek79

Post by reytek79 »

Raydeeoh wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 22:45 The case is 3D printed and the front panel is a black PCB with white silkscreen lettering. There is a bit of circuitry on the underside of the PCB for the LED, power supply and power switch and AF attenuation. I'm not selling anything - I did this for myself.
could you provide the files? If you could send it to my email I would be very grateful.
Raydeeoh

Post by Raydeeoh »

what is your email address?
reytek79

Post by reytek79 »

Raydeeoh wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 02:53 what is your email address?
sorry forgot to put email, my email is regi.sangomes@gmail.com
reytek79

Post by reytek79 »

Raydeeoh wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 02:53 what is your email address?

meu e-mail - regi.sangomes@gmail.com