Firmware flash went wrong

Murphyv310

Firmware flash went wrong

Post by Murphyv310 »

Help!!!
I wanted to reflash the firmware on my recent second hand purchase and put in my callsign.
I'm sure I've made a mistake. On avr dudess on the line you put in the string of zeros ( I never received the serial number from the previous owner) another set of numbers appeared, mistakenly I thought the program had read the serial number from radio and I pressed program. Now there is only a long Alfa numeric number displayed on the display.
I don't have a Arduino to program the radio only a usb connection.
What shall I do!
Regards, Trevor. MM0KJJ
n9zcd

Re: Firmware flash went wrong

Post by n9zcd »

As far as I know, the procedure described at (https://dl2man.de/3a-trusdx-bootloader/) is the only way to fix this. An Arduino Uno costs less than $30 in the US. Or you may have a friend who would let you use one.

I do not believe that there is a way to download the correct firmware onto the radio without the correct serial number. If you correctly install the bootloader you'll see the serial number on the last step in the link above.

Good luck!

73 de N9ZCD
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

why didn't you have a look before you did "programming tests" on DL2MAN's webpages for (tr)uSDX?
There you can read that the "alphanumeric" number you can see now is your serial number!
So please look and read at (tr)uSDX Firmware pages now at dl2man.de and you will than know what to do.

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
Murphyv310

Post by Murphyv310 »

dl6sez wrote: 04 Feb 2023, 22:44 Hello OM,

why didn't you have a look before you did "programming tests" on DL2MAN's webpages for (tr)uSDX?
There you can read that the "alphanumeric" number you can see now is your serial number!
So please look and read at (tr)uSDX Firmware pages now at dl2man.de and you will than know what to do.

73 de Chris
Hi Chris.
Indeed I did but just got a bit muddled up, which I suppose we all do on occasions.
Anyway you are correct it's the serial that's showing, now reflashed with my callsign and correct serial number and all is working as it should.
Many thanks for your help.
Kind regards.
Regards, Trevor. MM0KJJ