receiver overload

ka7ple

receiver overload

Post by ka7ple »

Good Evening All,
I just got my (tr)uSDX from a verified builder today. I'm happy with it. It works well. The power output is 4.5W or higher on all but 30m which is 3.9W. Something I will look at at a later date. According to my TinySA the harmonic suppression is really good. -50 or better on all bands. It did randomly reset itself a few times, and after doing a factory reset I'm not having any more random resets. I was also able to align the frequency using my frequency counter. Easy process.

The question I have is, the receiver seems to go into overload with strong s10 sigals. The audio distorts, and the decoder stops working. Changing to the wider 500hz filter helps, but not completely. It's worse with the 200 or lower filters.
This was happening on both 40 and 20m this afternoon and evening. There were several contests going on at the same time, with tons of signals, and all on CW. Is there something I can try to mitigate this issue? I tried changing the first Att to -20, but it did not really help the audio distortion on really strong signals. Any advice?
I did not notice this distortion on USB or LSB at the 2k4 filter.

Thanks,
Mike
KA7PLE
ka7ple

Re: receiver overload

Post by ka7ple »

So I guess this was a dumb question, I've not had any responses. I'm a bit disappointed in the forum.
I'll just figure it out on my own.

Mike
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

it is simple not a KX3 or IC705, but it manages also contests quite good.
Let the attenuator settings as they are, never needed to touch them and i also use normally a multiband antenna a G5RV at home with it.

73 de Chris

P.S.: A reset sets the values to standard, pressing tuning knob and connect at the same time to power.
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
storyofyouandme

Post by storyofyouandme »

It seems that the problem you mentioned can't be solved with the current hardware. This kit is mainly for playing. Don't compare it with the commodity machine. Because of the cost problem, it can't be perfect at the same time.
73!
storyofyouandme

Post by storyofyouandme »

73!