Boot Loader , Serial Number

hellmuth

Boot Loader , Serial Number

Post by hellmuth »

some days ago, I destroyd the ATMEGA by a small M2 sqrew ......falling on the Board.

Now I changed the defect ATMEGA to a ATMEGA328PB-N.

For new programming I am using an AVR ISP V2 Programmer at the ISP Port with AVR DUDES.

Setting the Fuses to L- 0xFF , H- 0xD6 and E 0xFD Baudrate to 19200.
Starting to upload the Bootloader. HEX ....
programming starts
After ending I got at the tr-usdx Display the Serial Number starts with : 70000 48000B ..... etc

But I found in all the perfect documents this Words from Manuel :
"In case the number starts with 7000.. then there might be an issue with the fuse settings or bootloader".

But after some time , for example 15- 30 Minutes , the TR-USDX board was all the time connectet to the powersupply ..... I see suddenly a NEW Serial Number, starts with 5051 3439 423 ....... etc.

What does it mean and is there any Idea what to do now ?
hellmuth. df7vx
dk2ki

Re: Boot Loader , Serial Number

Post by dk2ki »

Hello,
same thing happend to me.
I also dont know what to do
hellmuth

Post by hellmuth »

Dear OM
here are my replay ,
The problem with the new ATMEGA238PB-N.
At first the bad news:
When I am starting to programm the ATMEGA328BP-N with new Firmware via the USB Port ....
I got the trouble with ....the message from AVR DUDES : Programmer is not responding .... get no sync and so on. A very long List.
About this Trouble I have read also in the Forum ( USB Trouble Part) writen by different users.

Manuel proposed ..... the only solution was to change again the Prozessor.

So I thought it must be possible to use the ISP Port for programming with new Firmware.
Using an AVR ISP-V2 Programmer from Diamex ( Reichelt)

But I must learn, that it does not work to send the firmware via ISP port to ATMEGA. But why ????

The result from this try: ( to progarm the Firmware via the ISP Port ) was:
I got on the Display from the (tr)uSDX a ""NEW"" Serielnumber starts with 7000 .....xxxx and so on.

So my next step was to programm once again the bootloader with the ISP programmer to the Device
and than I got again the correct serial Number.

But then I read also under Troubleshooting about the USB Programming,
that one or maybe more Users / Programmers are using instead of the AVRDUDES Software this Programming Software Tool called "XLOADER"

So I down load this XLOADER Tool , put the COMport into it
and because there is no Option to select the ATmega328BP
I use / select the UNO328
and it was possible to programm the ATMEGA328PB-N via the USB Port with the Firmware.
The complete Display with my Call and so on was back and it was possible to hear again signals with the headphones. All the menue function working perfect.

vy 73s hellmuth , df7vx
dk2ki

Post by dk2ki »

Hello Hellmuth,
after loading the Bootloader severel times via ISP (with an old Diamex All-AVR-Progr.)I got aS/N.
Firmware Loading: All Front-USB conectors did not work correct. USB on the back worked ok
73 Werner