Alternate Band Setup Question (10m)

K7COG

Alternate Band Setup Question (10m)

Post by K7COG »

I have been playing around with a (tr)uSDX acquired through proper channels for a few months. I have built a 49:1 EFHW using DG1JAN's PCB and can listen in on 20m successfully.

I am in the United States and have a Technician license and would like to broadcast on HF and am allowed to do so between 28.300 and 28.500 on the 10m band. I built a 1:1 dipole also using DG1JAN's PCB but I cannot hear anything other than static when tuned into 28 mHz frequencies.

I have assumed this was due to me building the antenna incorrectly so have been troubleshooting the antenna for days. Having done so much troubleshooting I decided it was possible the transceiver was the problem and not the antenna.

It was not until today that I realized that although I can tune the dial on the (tr)uSDX into 28 mHz it may not actually be capable of tuning into it.

My question is what happens when I select Hi or Classic from the menu? Is this setting designed only for matching the board inside the transceiver to the firmware or does it allow whatever board is installed attempt to tune into a different range of frequencies?

Unfortunately I am unable to determine what firmware version I have because when I power the unit on my call sign is visible but the serial number is not.
DL2MAN

Re: Alternate Band Setup Question (10m)

Post by DL2MAN »

Hi,

Using (tr)uSDX on another Band is NOT just a matter of tuning there, or changing menu Setting.
YOu need a matching RF Board, that supports 10m. Hi or CLassical Band boards are available as KIT, not as built rigs.
Please try to gather some information about (tr)uSDX on my page:
https://dl2man.de/2-trusdx-assembly/
and on my youtube Channel:
https://youtu.be/gW5r5JQRbus?t=1480

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
K7COG

Post by K7COG »

Thank you for clarifying this, DL2MAN.
Ohwenzelph

Post by Ohwenzelph »