Amazon US Distributor Assembled Units

mstangelo

Amazon US Distributor Assembled Units

Post by mstangelo »

The authorized Amazon seller no longer has the assembled units, only the kits. Will they be stocking the assembled units in the future?

Thanks Mike N2MS
dl6sez

Re: Amazon US Distributor Assembled Units

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

from my point of view it is more than okay if it is no more available as fully assembled radio because there are so many "HAMs" (half ability mans) asking super features and "Amazon full service" although they can't even hold a 3.5mm plug at the right side.... Maybe this is due to this fact ;) ..... and it was thought as a Kit where you have to tweak by yourself from the beginning. These people complain and request all for 100$ like it is a commercial Icom / Yaesu for 1000$ or so. These people are not sitting here in Europe, but in USA this seems normal, you can read this in the last weeks several times. This Kit was done for free, no profit, from Manuel DL2MAN and Guido PE1NNZ only HAM Spirit!
Maybe it is not and you will be able to buy one in a few days again.... :)
I don't want to blame you, don't misunderstand me please.

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
wa3yre

Post by wa3yre »

Chris-

There are some hams that do not have the eye sight or study enough hands to assemble tiny devices with surface mount devices. These same hams might be good with software and may be able to contribute to the ham community and this project using their software skills, screen and keyboard.

Like my friend Mike I am also interested in an assembled unit via amazon. I prefer the classic bands myself.

I have been a Unix systems engineer for over 40 years. I program in a few different languages. I might be able to contribute in software much better than in the hardware area.

-Brett wa3yre
s57l

Post by s57l »

Kits have all SMD devices soldered, only through hole devices need to be installed.
Ferrite cores are small, but way bigger than any smd…
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Thanks S57L,

very good comment, everybody which is a Ham Radio, okay not the handicapped Hams, should be able to get a good working (tr)uSDX out of a Kit by building it. We have learned a little bit for our test or didn't we ?There is no SMT work, all is already soldered on SMDs.... Little bit through hole practice and all okay...
The problem is only that there are guys out here thinking they get a Yaesu/Icom/Kenwood when they buy a 150$ fully ready (tr)uSDX. It is a nice small trx very good performance for the small 8-Bit Microcontroller and the concept, but also a good commercial seller can not get 100% perfect low pass filters, because class-E has to be measured and tweaked according to the actual FETs variations and toroid variations ..... not for 150$
and than there are the guys talking shit about the consequences of the simple concept (ssb quality) not nowing what they talk about.... this can be a reason why Sunny, the chinese seller, cancels to sell full ready (tr)uSDXs ;)
Honestly also i would not sell one to an US Ham any more, seeing the things happen last weeks.

73 de Chris

P.S.: Sunny's Up Tech store at aliexpress is still offering fully assembled (tr)uSDXs.
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
N7FMH

Post by N7FMH »

Please enlighten me. I have no idea the recent events I am being blamed for.

N7FMH
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Please Chill guys,

Regarding your initial question:
You should ask sunny.
She's the only one, that has an answer for you, as this is all her network and initiative.

We (Guido and me) are not involved in her business. Of course we are in contact with her, but she doesn't discuss her sales plans with us.

So please: contact Sunny.

73 Manuel DL2MAN