Additionnal serial

F4IYY

Additionnal serial

Post by F4IYY »

Hi everyone.

Hope you are all good & enjoy truSDX-ing :)

I would like to know if there is a TX&RX pin where I can attach a serial port (but not the one exposed bye the USB).

From https://dl2man.de/wp-content/uploads/20 ... _v1.0m.pdf
PD0_RxD & PD1_TxD are already used by the COM behind USB port.

Thank you.
Last edited by F4IYY on 26 Mar 2023, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
dl6sez

Re: Additionnal serial

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

you know that (tr)uSDX (not trSDX) software/firmware is not open source?
So what do you want to do with an extra serial port on an 8-Bit Microcontroller doing a hard job in software defined radio? It already has one as you stated.... :)

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
F4IYY

Post by F4IYY »

Thank you Chris,
you know that (tr)uSDX (not trSDX) software/firmware is not open source?
Mmmm... yes, why? Did I say something similar? 8-)
(thx for correcting me with typo)
So what do you want to do with an extra serial port on an 8-Bit Microcontroller doing a hard job in software defined radio? It already has one as you stated.... :)
Thank you Chris to ask the question: my intention is to study solution to remote control (tr)uSDX from Arduino board (or such kind of board - ESPx STM32 familly... whatever). The (tr)uSDX serial is exposed via USB which requires extra drivers on the other side (as far as I understand). I am not aware such kind of board could be able to read/write serial port between their USB ports, again I might be wrong.
This is why in first intention I was looking for serial connection between pin header of boards from each side.

This is why I ask here, in an open mind way ;)

Léopold
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

sure you can cut the two serial lines to CH340G chip and connect them to the 5V serial port of another chip like Esp32. The protocol is the CAT protocol for ts480 ( or ts450 trx as i remember ). You can find info in the forum here.

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
F4IYY

Post by F4IYY »

Thank you Chris,

I don't want to be so intrusive in the box. I think I have an old raspberry pi zero w, so it may do the trick if I can have drivers in it. I will have a look tomorrow but it is time to go to bed now ;)

bye everyone and thank you again.