Filter Board Reliability Issues Up Tech Store

EA5EX

Filter Board Reliability Issues Up Tech Store

Post by EA5EX »

Hello everyone: I ask for help to solve the problem with which the Up Tech Store has given me. I received the kit in its LO filter RF plate version. The first board came with a relay switching problem, it could only transmit and adjust in the 20-30 and 60 bands, it is not possible in the 40-80 bands. I deduced failures in the U7 chip (TCA9555PWR), since in bands 40-80 no signal was received..... I complained to Up Tech Store and kindly after explaining the problem a new LO board and after this new assembly we continued not working now with new problem, I can't adjust power and if I leave it running my FA detects over current consumption around 2 to 3 amps. and overheating of the BS170 mosfets. I found out after removing the L15 200uH choke that I can switch bands just fine but can't make adjustments as I can mess up the TRs on the PA. My reflection is that the U1 chip (INA219AxD) pins 3 and 4 (SDA, SCL) does not transmit the appropriate information to what is reflected in the Shunt pins 7 and 8 IN+ and IN-. I think the solution that Up Tech Store has given me is now the request to return my money, but it is not serious and it also recognizes that some RF boards have been defective....... Can someone help me? ???
Note.- I bought the kit in this store on the advice of Manuel DL2MAN's page, but this person is proving that he is not very reliable... :( :( :(
DL2MAN

Re: Filter Board Reliability Issues Up Tech Store

Post by DL2MAN »

Hi, your issue sounds like a Problem with the BS170´s.
Either one or more are defective or you have BS170´s with wrong pinout, so they are now in reverse.
Sunny is very reliable, but what can she do from the distance exept for send you another it or offer to refund you ?
Everything on your side is out of her control.

So please, stop ranting and let´s solve this. I bet it´s just a minor thing.

Please start with posting some detailed photos of front and back of your RF Board.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
EA5EX

Post by EA5EX »

Hello and thanks for answering. First of all, it is not my desire to go against anyone, but the answer did not clarify anything to me and they are the ones who sell. I boldly went to this forum, since I do not speak English and possibly the translator does not do his job well. Secondly, thank you for the work done by you (Manuel and Guido). Before buying the kit at the Up Tech Store, I have watched several videos and tutorials. It is possible that some or several improvements or construction details escape me and it is possible that I have made a mistake in the assembly. But I have reviewed and I see something strange in the direction you are pointing, I did not know that they have sold fets with the pins changed, now I have received a Telegram from a colleague who points in that direction, I am sending the photos and waiting for advice.
Note.- It is not my intention to enter this forum with acrimony, if that has been the image I have given, I humbly apologize, I am always willing to learn. Thank you.
Placa RF filtrosB.jpg
Placa RF filtrosB.jpg (95.14 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
Placa RF filtrosA .jpg
Placa RF filtrosA .jpg (136.63 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Hi,

So from the pictures I cannot see an obvious problem.
I marked a few areas, where you should double and triple check for good contact and/or short-circuits, as wires look a little long there and one solder joint doesn´t seem to be "cold". That might be the reason, why your PA Fets failed, as it had no connection to Antenna Socket....
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (44.74 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
Second: Please cleanup all the solder flakes. They might have caused a short somewhere.

And last but not least: It´s highly probable, that your BS170s are fried. So please organize some spares, and watch for right pinout. First test if your problem is still there without PA Fets. If not: Replace them.
It´s easiest to cut them with a side cutter, then unsolder wire by wire. Exept you have hot air soldering, then you can unsolder them in one piece.
When you´ve double/triple checked all your solderings and have replaced the BS170´s im 99% certain, your rig is ready to rock ;)

If not, please come back here, and we´ll dive deeper.

73 Mnauel; DL2MAN
EA5EX

Post by EA5EX »

Hello again, if the fets that the guys up tech Store offered me are true, I kept them in a drawer and soldered the ones I had, mine were false..... I didn't know about this problem and I put them very naively, I verified the truth that you indicated in the message that the fets were possibly not adequate. And my kit is already operational. I appreciate your advice and dedication. A hug and thank you very much. :roll: