Encoder problem

Lisitz

Encoder problem

Post by Lisitz »

My encoder stops to work properly.

It doesn't change frequenzy turning it left and right, no volume control with pressing it down, and no menu navigation too.

But double-tapping the rotary encoder changes band.

How to fix it or where should look?
Luca66

Re: Encoder problem

Post by Luca66 »

Have you tried doing a reset?
Lisitz

Post by Lisitz »

Luca66 wrote: 10 May 2023, 17:00 Have you tried doing a reset?
Yes. Issue is the same.
rmoravcik

Post by rmoravcik »

Do you have an voltmeter? Can you try to measure voltage on encoder switch pins?

You should measure +5V on one pin no matter if encoder is pushed down and +5V on the other pin just when encoder is pushed down.

If you measure +5V on the other pin, when encoder is pushed down and nothing is happening, then probably ATMEGA328 GPIO pin where encoder is connected is dead.
Lisitz

Post by Lisitz »

rmoravcik wrote: 11 May 2023, 14:13 Do you have an voltmeter? Can you try to measure voltage on encoder switch pins?
I've changed the encoder yesterday. Now its works but the detail - it's works on opposite way. %) Spinning clockwise is decreasing values etc. Maybe I bought wrong encoder - the only one on that offline store.
W3SI

Post by W3SI »

The problem could have been bad solder joints on first encoder. I have heard of that happening before where you just reheat the contacts. Since it didn't operate up and down, it was possibly the ground leg being not soldered enough.
Bill - W3SI