edit CQ message?

K0NIA

edit CQ message?

Post by K0NIA »

Hello,

First, what a great radio! I'm am just amazed at the features that have been put into this little device. Can't wait to do a POTA activation with it.

I realize this is going to be one of those "RTFM" messages, but I swear I've looked. I've watched the videos, searched Google, etc. I cannot find any instructions re: how one edits the stored CQ messages. I've tried fiddling around with it myself, and I have been able to edit the messages-- but in a very clumsy way. At this rate, I have little confidence I'll ever figure out how to delete characters, etc. Are there written instructions? Are there special characters that one adds to invoke the repetition of the message? If not, can that repetition be turned off, so the default is to send the message one time only?

Thanks!

Mark K0NIA
dl6sez

Re: edit CQ message?

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

no you can't change repeating.
No there are no written instructions for it.
I also didn't need them....

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
N1CJ

Post by N1CJ »

Most of what you're asking can be done.

Edit CW Message:
Press Menu button, and go to the CW Msg that you want to change. Press the knob to edit. Turning the knob changes the character that you are on. Pressing the knob goes to the next character (to the right). Press Menu to save and exit the menu, or press Enter to Save and stay in the menu. Blank characters at the end of the message will be removed.

Change stored message:
use the same process as editing the message above. If you need to remove characters at the end of your edited message, just change the extra characters to a blank space (this is the character between Z and !). Blank characters at the end of the message will be removed.

Disable Repeat:
go to the CQ Interval menu setting (4.1) and set it to 0. This will send your message only once. There's no way to limit the number of times to repeat. If the Interval is anything other than 0, the message will keep repeating until you press a button while the message is sending, or PTT at any time to stop sending.
73 - N1CJ
K0NIA

Post by K0NIA »

KN6KFR,

Thanks for that very helpful reply! Exactly what I needed.

Mark, K0NIA